Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: A public thank you to Jon Bovey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
This is a bit OT but car related. Through another car site I found out about a crack free '73 240Z dashboard. These are far more rare than crack free 914 dashboards so I was a bit skeptical... But the ad, in Seattle's Craigslist said the guy lived in Everett and I remembered that one of those crazy WCR08 guys, Jon Bovey lives in Everett... I emailed Jon and gave the seller Jon's phone number. Jon went over to the guys house and laid eyes and hands on the alleged perfect dashboard. Jon called me and said "well, it's perfect"... Done deal. Now Jon is going to take the dash to UPS store for shipping and some heavy insurance...

Thanks JON! YOU DA MAN!!! aktion035.gif

PS: I would have asked Curt but I know he is busy removing his flares av-943.gif
Root_Werks
Good job Jon! Way to look out for the teener crowd. wink.gif
Jeff Hurd
Does the heart good to hear about club members helping each other!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Always happy to help. biggrin.gif

At the guys house he had a few cool cars too. He had an RX2 with cage, Lotus Europa, and a Toyota Celica Supra Alltrack Turbo. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 10:37 AM) *

At the guys house he had a few cool cars too. He had an RX2 with cage, Lotus Europa, and a Toyota Celica Supra Alltrack Turbo. beerchug.gif

He must be heavily into e-commerce too. When I paypal'd the money it said he was a verified member with over 1000 transactions...

He must not be a Datsun guy though... The last true perfect dash I heard of sold for $1600 + shipping. This one is going in my '73 240Z that has a new interior, new paint and a dash that well... brings to mind a canyon that runs through the four corners area of the country. Heavily topographic if you know what I mean... biggrin.gif
championgt1
Nice work guys! beerchug.gif

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) *

He must be heavily into e-commerce too. When I paypal'd the money it said he was a verified member with over 1000 transactions...

He must not be a Datsun guy though... The last true perfect dash I heard of sold for $1600 + shipping. This one is going in my '73 240Z that has a new interior, new paint and a dash that well... brings to mind a canyon that runs through the four corners area of the country. Heavily topographic if you know what I mean... biggrin.gif

He was telling me how he finds rare cars and parts them out. I don't think he cares to get top dollar as long as he makes money. Just the impression I got from him.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) *

He was telling me how he finds rare cars and parts them out. I don't think he cares to get top dollar as long as he makes money. Just the impression I got from him.

I suspected that... He told me he wanted to handle the sale locally because the last dash he sold that was perfect ended up cracked on arrival. I was actually thinking in my head that he left so much room between the going price and the actual price I could drive up and get it and drive back... But then I remembered... They put Boregon between us and you poke.gif Duhhhhhh!!! Just kidding!
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Hi Jon, did you bring a camera & take pictures of the Europa. I'm sure Steve (smg914) would like to see.

Have a good birthday? birthday2.gif

all the best, T.C.

PeeGreen 914
Ummm... the Europa was needing a restore rather badly. He said he just picked it up not too long ago and wasn't sure if he was going to part it out or restore it.

Should I go take pics of it? I doubt the guy would mind.

Birthday was a week long event of having fun. You only turn 30 once right? Best part was all the good dinners friends made for me biggrin.gif beerchug.gif My wife cant cook for sh!t av-943.gif Hope she doesn't read this blink.gif but I didn't marry her for her cooking anyways wub.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Ummm... the Europa was needing a restore rather badly. He said he just picked it up not too long ago and wasn't sure if he was going to part it out or restore it.

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif My wife cant cook for sh!t av-943.gif Hope she doesn't read this blink.gif but I didn't marry her for her cooking anyways wub.gif

On the Europa, I'm sure Steve would love pictures, but don't go out of your way.

On the wife front, you've got 2 beautiful kids, what more do you want?

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
That I do aktion035.gif and I've got a very cool wife who is very beautiful. I'm a lucky SOB to have all of what I do.

I'll try to take some pics when I go pick up the dash. I just went to check it out. Still need to wait for the payment to clear before I can do the rest. drunk.gif
carr914
Jon, you're a champion 3 times over smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

T.C.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 07:49 PM) *

That I do aktion035.gif and I've got a very cool wife who is very beautiful. I'm a lucky SOB to have all of what I do.

I'll try to take some pics when I go pick up the dash. I just went to check it out. Still need to wait for the payment to clear before I can do the rest. drunk.gif

The payment should be clear. I paypal'd him. He hasn't picked it up yet so to speak but he has been paid...

I know someone with several Europa's... He also had 20 or so Mini Mokes he bought off of Catalina Island...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 07:49 PM) *

The payment should be clear. I paypal'd him. He hasn't picked it up yet so to speak but he has been paid...

I know someone with several Europa's... He also had 20 or so Mini Mokes he bought off of Catalina Island...

Yeah, sometimes paypal is a pain or he just hasn't checked today. I know you were sending the payment when we were talking on the phone so it should just be a matter of time before you have your new dash in your hands piratenanner.gif . I am sure I will be going over there soon to pick it up wink.gif

Mini Mokes are cool but I have always wanted to get a Mini Cooper and put in Integra Type R engine in it. There is a company that is kind of like renegade for the old minis that does this. I was going to do this before I got into 914s. In hind sight I think I made the right choice but I still want to do the mini someday. happy11.gif
dw914er
which ITR motor?

K>B smile.gif

(yea, I'm getting into integras now cause of my rsx, which means hell froze over)
PeeGreen 914
I never said anything about getting into Integras confused24.gif What kind of sick person would do that happy11.gif ? I belive it was the 2005 type R that they put into the Mini. Could you imagine a clasic Mini with that type of engine? They also update the wiring harnes and a few other things to make it a more modern car. At the time you could buy one complete at about 10k but I am sure it is much more now since the other Mini has made it's day. I have seen junk Mini's going for about 10K now headbang.gif That would have bought a Britax Mini when I was looking.
dw914er
lol, that would be the k20a1 off the dc5 (my bodystyle). 220hp, fucking high redline

another option is from the b18, which is the dc2 (late 90's body style (less hp, but cheaper))

yea, I know. My acura has corrupted me, which I swore would never happen. Though a mini with a high revving, 200+ hp motor would be awesome.

ConeDodger
This has kind of slid off topic completely now but anyone who would put an Integra motor in an original Mini Cooper, especially an S has never driven one. They are scary quick. Not fast but quick. I am not at all sure I would want to drive one "fast"...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 20 2008, 07:48 AM) *

This has kind of slid off topic completely now but anyone who would put an Integra motor in an original Mini Cooper, especially an S has never driven one. They are scary quick. Not fast but quick. I am not at all sure I would want to drive one "fast"...

Going off topic can be fun though piratenanner.gif You're right, I have never driven an S. I really want to drive one though. Someday. I still know whaere the Britax Mini I was interested in lives. I just need to get my 914 to a point I am happy with. blink.gif That may never happen happy11.gif
greenie
I've been in the garage rearranging a few things but wanted to chime in.

I've spent a little time with Jon... he's OK but....

We need more pics of ( bikini wearing ) your wife!!

I've been told she was gonna be a Seahawk cheer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ Nov 20 2008, 05:50 PM) *

I've spent a little time with Jon... he's OK but....

We need more pics of ( bikini wearing ) your wife!!

I've been told she was gonna be a Seahawk cheer.gif

Wow! Who'd a thunk it. I thought I was the only cheer.gif around here... At any rate, you two boys be very careful about serving up bikini pictures of your wives. They may be beautiful but I know the lady in my avatar would part my ears if she found out I posted a bikini pic... biggrin.gif

Curt,
You get those flares off yet?
PeeGreen 914
Oh my beautiful wife would kill me if I posted a bikini pic. Maybe a good way to go out though happy11.gif

Yeah, she was thinking of being a Seagal until this last game she was at. She said, "All they're doing is shaking their ass and sticking out the tits."

I said, "No shit, what did you think they were doing, dancing?" av-943.gif

I love my wife wub.gif but she'd be a terrible cheerleader. laugh.gif
championgt1
av-943.gif av-943.gif
DNHunt

Let me guess. Flares
PeeGreen 914
So I'm on my way over to pick up the dash at 4pm. piratenanner.gif
biosurfer1
Your help is more far reaching than you know, btw....you help Rob which puts him in a good mood which allows me to use his trailer tomorrow to pick my car up from McMark, which gives him more business, which in turn lets me install the engine I got from Mark (compter4kids) which he got from Jamie (JRust), which he got from Craig (boxstr), and allows me to support my buddy Justin (justinp71) at Infineon...

so thank you!:)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 21 2008, 10:55 AM) *

So I'm on my way over to pick up the dash at 4pm. piratenanner.gif

Jon,
I just got an email from Aaron telling me just that... He seems like a great guy and he gave me his phone number in case I need anything else. Thanks so much... He might be a good friend to have for you too Jon!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 21 2008, 11:18 AM) *

Your help is more far reaching than you know, btw....you help Rob which puts him in a good mood which allows me to use his trailer tomorrow to pick my car up from McMark, which gives him more business, which in turn lets me install the engine I got from Mark (compter4kids) which he got from Jamie (JRust), which he got from Craig (boxstr), and allows me to support my buddy Justin (justinp71) at Infineon...

Brett,
Yopu may not be home when you get there today... Just hook up and go. By the way, I own one of those CFR 914 engine lifts you see in Chris Foley's banner ad. It works slick. I am pretty sure I have it up here but Mark might have it, I don't remember. I think I left it there for a while because he would use it alot more than me. Not really a must have but it does make it a little easier.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 21 2008, 11:18 AM) *

That's why I love this community aktion035.gif

Yes Rob, he may be a good car guy to get to know. Who knows when he may have something I will need or when He may need to sell his place and get something with a bigger garage biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
So after visiting with the guy while picking up the dash it turns out he is interested in getting a place with a bigger garage. piratenanner.gif Very nice guy with a lot of fun toys.

So is this what you are hoping to get happy11.gif The glovebox door is in a seperate box and it too looks very nice.
ConeDodger
Oh my goodness. Daddy... i have a funny feeling in my shorts... smile.gif

That is perfect. The dash door is cool but I am going to use a different one. I have met Yukata Katayama personally and I have a glove box door signed by him that I am putting on the dash... Jon that is great. Lets talk this weekend and come up with a shipping plan. Thanks... Hope you can sell him a new garage with a house attached for his wife!!!
biosurfer1
Rob, had a minor emergency today at work so I couldnt stop by, so hopefully tomorrow morning will work. I promise to be quiet:)....probably be there around 8:30. Thanks again
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 21 2008, 08:01 PM) *

Oh my goodness. Daddy... i have a funny feeling in my shorts... smile.gif

That is perfect. The dash door is cool but I am going to use a different one. I have met Yukata Katayama personally and I have a glove box door signed by him that I am putting on the dash... Jon that is great. Lets talk this weekend and come up with a shipping plan. Thanks... Hope you can sell him a new garage with a house attached for his wife!!!

Give me a call in the late morning or afternoon and I'll get it sent out then after biggrin.gif

Oh, and yes, even though I don't have one of these cars this dash makes me feel like when you climb the rope in gym class laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.