Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-assembly Lubricants and other POL products, Anyone have a list of what to use where?
stephenaki
post Nov 28 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

OK, I have been doing some searching but can't quite find a definitive answer anywhere. Here is what I have from Jake's forum, PP and a couple of other places.

Crankcase sealant - Curil K2

Bearings, cam, connecting rod assembly - Lithium engine assembly grease or, 20WT motor oil mixed with a little STP oil treatment

Oil pump - Loctite 565

Stud threads (into case, use with nuts as well?) Loctite 262.

All other thread and nuts??

I have to run to Trost here in Stuttgart to get the lubes, loctite, etc. and would appreciate input on what all I need to get. I am hoping that I can start re-assembly next weekend as I still don't have the new bearings in yet and I am waiting for the push tubes.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 28 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Nov 28 2008, 05:39 AM) *

OK, I have been doing some searching but can't quite find a definitive answer anywhere. Here is what I have from Jake's forum, PP and a couple of other places.

Crankcase sealant - Curil K2

Bearings, cam, connecting rod assembly - Lithium engine assembly grease or, 20WT motor oil mixed with a little STP oil treatment

Oil pump - Loctite 565

Stud threads (into case, use with nuts as well?) Loctite 262.

All other thread and nuts??

I have to run to Trost here in Stuttgart to get the lubes, loctite, etc. and would appreciate input on what all I need to get. I am hoping that I can start re-assembly next weekend as I still don't have the new bearings in yet and I am waiting for the push tubes.

Casesealant: Loctite 474
bearings: Brad penn oil (a lot, same as I use when running the car)
Cam/pistons: assembly lube
I would not put locktite on studs. Unless you never want to be able to pull them again.
I put hi-temp antiseize on most of my nuts.
and a THIN coat of rvt on the paper oil pump seals.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:04 PM