Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-assembly Lubricants and other POL products
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
OK, I have been doing some searching but can't quite find a definitive answer anywhere. Here is what I have from Jake's forum, PP and a couple of other places.

Crankcase sealant - Curil K2

Bearings, cam, connecting rod assembly - Lithium engine assembly grease or, 20WT motor oil mixed with a little STP oil treatment

Oil pump - Loctite 565

Stud threads (into case, use with nuts as well?) Loctite 262.

All other thread and nuts??

I have to run to Trost here in Stuttgart to get the lubes, loctite, etc. and would appreciate input on what all I need to get. I am hoping that I can start re-assembly next weekend as I still don't have the new bearings in yet and I am waiting for the push tubes.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Nov 28 2008, 05:39 AM) *

OK, I have been doing some searching but can't quite find a definitive answer anywhere. Here is what I have from Jake's forum, PP and a couple of other places.

Crankcase sealant - Curil K2

Bearings, cam, connecting rod assembly - Lithium engine assembly grease or, 20WT motor oil mixed with a little STP oil treatment

Oil pump - Loctite 565

Stud threads (into case, use with nuts as well?) Loctite 262.

All other thread and nuts??

I have to run to Trost here in Stuttgart to get the lubes, loctite, etc. and would appreciate input on what all I need to get. I am hoping that I can start re-assembly next weekend as I still don't have the new bearings in yet and I am waiting for the push tubes.

Casesealant: Loctite 474
bearings: Brad penn oil (a lot, same as I use when running the car)
Cam/pistons: assembly lube
I would not put locktite on studs. Unless you never want to be able to pull them again.
I put hi-temp antiseize on most of my nuts.
and a THIN coat of rvt on the paper oil pump seals.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.