Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advice on Welding in my Suspension Pieces, Inner Long repair, outer - inner suspension pickups
Larouex
post Nov 29 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #1

Larouex

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,339
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hello,

I am at the point in my rustoration that I ready to weld in my suspension pickups and I have some questions from the experts here on making sure I get the measurements and alignments correct.

I have completed by inner long, inner wheelhouse and rear long. All are welded in and I have confirmed all the proper measurements and pitch, etc. When I started the project, I built a jig to the do the local measurements on the trailing arm, but I did not do the more advanced jigs that span across the driver/passnger sides that I have seen from threads like Jeff Hail's rustoration or the "Rust Diary" one by Wes Vann.

I have cleaned up my outer pickup and bought the AA inner suspension piece.

MY questions are...

Should I make a full suspension jig from one of my other 914's?

*-- or --*

Can I count on the basic measurements and line things up with a template?

Interested in the opinions here from people who have done this and been sucessful getting thier ride back on the road with it going straight down the road <g/>.

My project is documented @
http://larryj.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPa...%2bEV%2bProject
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:37 PM