Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Speedo question....., not the grape smuggling kind :)
East coaster
post Feb 14 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

I'm pondering how the hell I keep a speedo when I go to a 915 tranny that was setup for electronic speedo? I've seen an article on a 915 conversion for an older 911 and they welded a speedo drive gear to the pinion shaft, but I don't know if this is feasable when using a Wevo tail piece?? Has anybody BTDT??? I guess maybe I'll need to learn to live without a speedo, but it would seem really cheesy to me to have that big non-functioning gauge in my face all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I've seen a few really nice 3.x sixers with 915s and I imagine someone has figured this out. To run the electronic setup after flipping the R&P I would think I'd have to mod the case side cover for a sensor since the flip puts the emitter on the removable side of the case???

What do the "hotrod" guys do? Is there a aftermarket emitter for the axle or something? They usually have some trick aftermrket setups for street rod stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:01 PM