Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> FS - Misc GOOD 914 stuff, Getting rid of the tub-o-parts!
rdr
post Dec 6 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,749
Region Association: North East States

When I purchased the 914, I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts. Some junk, some good. Instead of flooding this section with 100+ pictures and trying to manage all the emails, etc, I put them on my web site. I AM NOT A VENDOR, just a struggling web designer that figured it would be easier if I used my meager talents to give everyone a chance to look and pay via PayPal for all the stuff I have. If I am out of place, then I am sorry and will take down the section, but I just purchased a bunch of stuff for my 914 from some guy on here that has over 200+ requests for parts. I don't know how he is keeping it all straight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Here is my stuff. enjoy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

www.myclassicautoparts.com

Rick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 11)
Gint
post Dec 6 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Huh?!?! Sure looks like a vendor web site to me. Links to "Help me sell my parts"?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Dec 6 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(rdr @ Dec 6 2008, 02:08 PM) *

When I purchased the 914, I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts. Some junk, some good. Instead of flooding this section with 100+ pictures and trying to manage all the emails, etc, I put them on my web site. I AM NOT A VENDOR, just a struggling web designer that figured it would be easier if I used my meager talents to give everyone a chance to look and pay via PayPal for all the stuff I have. If I am out of place, then I am sorry and will take down the section, but I just purchased a bunch of stuff for my 914 from some guy on here that has over 200+ requests for parts. I don't know how he is keeping it all straight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Rick

And just where are the 2 trash cans of parts? I saw only a few 914 parts.

+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Dec 6 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Rick

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) I could keep track of the four parts and the hate mail. didn't say trash cans were full, entire website for 4 pictures, how much for the trash cans?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Dec 6 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #5

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Dec 6 2008, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Rick

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) I could keep track of the four parts and the hate mail. didn't say trash cans were full, entire website for 4 pictures, how much for the trash cans?

Actually ...."I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts."
+Quote Post
rdr
post Dec 6 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #6

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I knew this was going to be take wrong. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I am in the process of putting everything online. Litterally have parts strewn across the garage floor. Know how LONG that takes to take pictures, etc? I have 2 alternators, 5 steering wheels, fuse boxes, wiper motors, 3 starters, 4 calipers for the front, 3 for the rear. THis is just a few items that I want to share. Seriously, if it is the wrong thing to do, I will withdraw and go to eBay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) I will raise the prices because of the crappy fees involved, but I thought of doing the right thing first. I guess I was wrong so I appologize to the group. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 6 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #7

Mike Ginter

OK I think I get it, sort of. But I dont' see what the big deal is. Whether you post pics of parts here or on your site, you're still going to have to take pictures and deal with emails either way. So I don't see why you can't just post pics in a classified ad here just like everyone else does. You can use img tags to the pic links on your site and every ad can have a link to the main page of your site also.
+Quote Post
rdr
post Dec 6 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #8

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) I totally agree BUT on my site I also have a link to PayPal checkout which also protects you AND helps organize and ship the items in a timely basis. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have over 75 items that I need to keep track of. One advantage, the ONLY one, of eBay is the organized administration of selling items. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) They handle the billing and tracking of who purchased what. I've been selling parts too much to know that, yes, I can send the wrong part to the wrong address because I misplaced or transposed who purchased what. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I guess I don't know what is wrong with what I am presenting.... Notice the prices INCLUDE shipping! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) A bumper - SHIPPED. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) And having PayPal as a direct shopping cart process and protection to boot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I design and build sites for a living. It is a tool for presentation and organization and nothing more. Look at the prices... very fair and includes shipping. I suspect that if all the items were FREE, there would be no complaints! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) Well there WILL be some free stuff on there tomorrow when I finish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 6 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #9

Mike Ginter

What's with the attitude?n If you want to post here on this site, in the classifieds or otherwise, you'll need a thicker skin.
+Quote Post
rdr
post Dec 6 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #10

I'm sorry but several of the posters have take what I am trying to do and turn it around into something that it's not. You're right... no attitude implied! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Just good sharing and information flow... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Take care,

Rick
+Quote Post
rdr
post Dec 6 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Quick followup, I will also have some rims and tires fully mounted and ready to go soon. Local pickup only... Maryland area. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

+Quote Post
OU8AVW
post Dec 7 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #12

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

Shit bro, these guys ate you alive!

I personally appreciated the way you hooked up the parts. I'm in Annapolis
I'll be interested in the wheels you have. My car has black Riviera rims (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

Give me a buzz and maybe I'll come north with a six-pack of some tasty micro-brew and do a little shoppin' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Take Cash?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:07 AM