Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Misc GOOD 914 stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rdr
When I purchased the 914, I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts. Some junk, some good. Instead of flooding this section with 100+ pictures and trying to manage all the emails, etc, I put them on my web site. I AM NOT A VENDOR, just a struggling web designer that figured it would be easier if I used my meager talents to give everyone a chance to look and pay via PayPal for all the stuff I have. If I am out of place, then I am sorry and will take down the section, but I just purchased a bunch of stuff for my 914 from some guy on here that has over 200+ requests for parts. I don't know how he is keeping it all straight. confused24.gif

Here is my stuff. enjoy... driving.gif

www.myclassicautoparts.com

Rick
Gint
Huh?!?! Sure looks like a vendor web site to me. Links to "Help me sell my parts"?
bdstone914
QUOTE(rdr @ Dec 6 2008, 02:08 PM) *

When I purchased the 914, I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts. Some junk, some good. Instead of flooding this section with 100+ pictures and trying to manage all the emails, etc, I put them on my web site. I AM NOT A VENDOR, just a struggling web designer that figured it would be easier if I used my meager talents to give everyone a chance to look and pay via PayPal for all the stuff I have. If I am out of place, then I am sorry and will take down the section, but I just purchased a bunch of stuff for my 914 from some guy on here that has over 200+ requests for parts. I don't know how he is keeping it all straight. confused24.gif

Rick

And just where are the 2 trash cans of parts? I saw only a few 914 parts.

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Rick

stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif I could keep track of the four parts and the hate mail. didn't say trash cans were full, entire website for 4 pictures, how much for the trash cans?
bdstone914
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Dec 6 2008, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Rick

stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif I could keep track of the four parts and the hate mail. didn't say trash cans were full, entire website for 4 pictures, how much for the trash cans?

Actually ...."I got 2 trashcans full of spare parts."
rdr
blink.gif I knew this was going to be take wrong. sad.gif I am in the process of putting everything online. Litterally have parts strewn across the garage floor. Know how LONG that takes to take pictures, etc? I have 2 alternators, 5 steering wheels, fuse boxes, wiper motors, 3 starters, 4 calipers for the front, 3 for the rear. THis is just a few items that I want to share. Seriously, if it is the wrong thing to do, I will withdraw and go to eBay. idea.gif I will raise the prices because of the crappy fees involved, but I thought of doing the right thing first. I guess I was wrong so I appologize to the group. huh.gif

Gint
OK I think I get it, sort of. But I dont' see what the big deal is. Whether you post pics of parts here or on your site, you're still going to have to take pictures and deal with emails either way. So I don't see why you can't just post pics in a classified ad here just like everyone else does. You can use img tags to the pic links on your site and every ad can have a link to the main page of your site also.
rdr
idea.gif I totally agree BUT on my site I also have a link to PayPal checkout which also protects you AND helps organize and ship the items in a timely basis. biggrin.gif I have over 75 items that I need to keep track of. One advantage, the ONLY one, of eBay is the organized administration of selling items. beerchug.gif They handle the billing and tracking of who purchased what. I've been selling parts too much to know that, yes, I can send the wrong part to the wrong address because I misplaced or transposed who purchased what. dry.gif

I guess I don't know what is wrong with what I am presenting.... Notice the prices INCLUDE shipping! piratenanner.gif A bumper - SHIPPED. piratenanner.gif And having PayPal as a direct shopping cart process and protection to boot. piratenanner.gif I design and build sites for a living. It is a tool for presentation and organization and nothing more. Look at the prices... very fair and includes shipping. I suspect that if all the items were FREE, there would be no complaints! drooley.gif Well there WILL be some free stuff on there tomorrow when I finish. w00t.gif
Gint
What's with the attitude?n If you want to post here on this site, in the classifieds or otherwise, you'll need a thicker skin.
rdr
I'm sorry but several of the posters have take what I am trying to do and turn it around into something that it's not. You're right... no attitude implied! beerchug.gif Just good sharing and information flow... aktion035.gif

Take care,

Rick
rdr
Quick followup, I will also have some rims and tires fully mounted and ready to go soon. Local pickup only... Maryland area. smoke.gif

OU8AVW
Shit bro, these guys ate you alive!

I personally appreciated the way you hooked up the parts. I'm in Annapolis
I'll be interested in the wheels you have. My car has black Riviera rims barf.gif

Give me a buzz and maybe I'll come north with a six-pack of some tasty micro-brew and do a little shoppin' beerchug.gif

Take Cash?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.