Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cam's for 1911, Carb'd street AXer
justme
post Dec 27 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,413
Region Association: North East States

Slapping together a 1911 over the next month. The car is a 71, with a few pounds off ( fiberglass bumpers,soundproofing removed et...)

It's a seasonal driver that get some AX time in. Bilstein sports, 19mm front sway, 911 front a-arms with 19mm t-bars ans Eibach AX rear springs, turbo tie rods,et....

I have an EA case that I'm doing the galley plugs on and building up to a carb'd 1911

Along with all the new p&c's I have

1.7 and 1.8 heads. The 1.7's have been flycut & opened for 96's. I'll probably flycut the 1.8's for larger valves

36mm Dell's and 40mm Webbers I know Jake likes the Dell's for this combo

Even though I drive the car on the road alot I like a fast spinner. What can you guy's suggest for cam's? I'm thinking of working with a compression ratio of around 8.5 to 9.?

Have you built this one? What did you do for cam, do anything different next time?

Thanks & Happy New Year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:59 AM