Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam's for 1911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
Slapping together a 1911 over the next month. The car is a 71, with a few pounds off ( fiberglass bumpers,soundproofing removed et...)

It's a seasonal driver that get some AX time in. Bilstein sports, 19mm front sway, 911 front a-arms with 19mm t-bars ans Eibach AX rear springs, turbo tie rods,et....

I have an EA case that I'm doing the galley plugs on and building up to a carb'd 1911

Along with all the new p&c's I have

1.7 and 1.8 heads. The 1.7's have been flycut & opened for 96's. I'll probably flycut the 1.8's for larger valves

36mm Dell's and 40mm Webbers I know Jake likes the Dell's for this combo

Even though I drive the car on the road alot I like a fast spinner. What can you guy's suggest for cam's? I'm thinking of working with a compression ratio of around 8.5 to 9.?

Have you built this one? What did you do for cam, do anything different next time?

Thanks & Happy New Year beer.gif

So.Cal.914
I was looking through my paperwork but could not find the spec's on the cam I used when I had a 1911. I would go to Jakes site http://forums.aircooledtechnology.com/ and ask him. He can sell you the cam you need for what you are building.
vesnyder
I recently built a 1911 and used the 86 grind from Web Cam. Took some tuning on the Webers but finally got it. Just had it out today (driving is weather dependent here in Ohio in the Winter) and it is running sweeet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.