Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stripped CV Bolt, New Method for removal
turnaround89
post Dec 30 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Last night i got 7 of 8 cv bolts removed and one of them was stripped, so i tried all the methods you guys mentioned, vise grips, weld a bolt on the end. Nothing worked.

I now have an easier method to getting them out, you will have to sacrifice that stripped bolt, but oh well, because you throw it out anyway since its stripped. What i did was pull the wheel off(better access if you have flares on the car) and took a dremel to the cv bolt. Ground a two flats on the bolt so i could get a wrench on it. Took 20 minutes to grind the bolt flat on two opposing sides. I ground the thing down to about an 11mm wrench size. Wasn't perfect but worked ridiculously well. After I got the bolt loosened up, i used vise-grips to keep loosening the bolt.

Hope this helps someone!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:53 PM