Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion, Saturday January 24th 9:14am to noonish!
ConeDodger
post Jan 9 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Let's warm this winter up a bit! Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Family Donuts and Deli at the corner of San Juan Avenue and Fair Oaks Blvd. The weather has been nice! Let's get those cars out and give them a little drive!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 10 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Just two weeks until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! What ya got? Bring it out and show it! The weather is great!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jan 10 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #3

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Anything closer? Say... Tooele?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 10 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Anything closer? Say... Tooele?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Oh come on! Show a little effort. Bring all your wives! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 11 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #5

Apex killer!

Less than two weeks to go! See you all there!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 12 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #6

Apex killer!

See you there!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 13 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #7

Apex killer!

Come see the magic disappearing 914! (Mine) Finally off the lift and out of the garage after getting 5 lugged and new suspension! See you there!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 14 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #8

Apex killer!

Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Cousin Suzie should be there! Hopefully no one asks her to explain those hickies!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
nowlings
post Jan 14 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,615

I'm in and Bringing my (formerly my mother's) 1974 marathon blue 1.8. See you there and hopefully more will see this and get out there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 14 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #10

Apex killer!

QUOTE(nowlings @ Jan 14 2009, 09:34 PM) *

I'm in and Bringing my (formerly my mother's) 1974 marathon blue 1.8. See you there and hopefully more will see this and get out there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Great to hear! We should have a dozen or so...
+Quote Post
KuHL 951
post Jan 16 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 9,933

My first post here. A local told me about your monthly GTG and I'm wondering if 944 Turbos are welcome or is it strictly 914's? Hopefully the watercoolers aren't verboten or run off with big sticks. We have a pretty active group ourselves with a monthly Taco Tuesday GTG at Rubio's in Elk Grove the 1st Tuesday of every month. Everything from 944's, 928's, 911's, 930's, 996's but no representation from a 914 yet. You are always welcome. We are just a bunch of P-car motorheads that talk shop and eat cheap fish tacos.

My daily driver
(IMG:http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/951_wide_copyrl_copy1.jpg)

Project car nearing completion
(IMG:http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/sm4_copy39.jpg)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 16 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #12

Apex killer!

Let me clarify something. You can come to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion if you once saw a picture of a Porsche Tractor and it made you feel funny in a spot your momma told you not to scratch. We don't run anyone off. Everyone is welcome. The owner of the donut shop has a Boxster for gosh sakes! How can that be a real Porsche! It's made in Finland!

By the way, you '44 guys are welcome and I would love to be the first '14 at your event...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Jan 16 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #13

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

Rob,

I was the one who tipped KuHL (Steve) off to our gatherings. I have met a couple 944 guys in the area since I got mine, so I'm trying to get them to come too...on a sad note, I might not be able to make it this month, GF's uncle is in the hospital and things dont look good, may have to make an unscheduled trip down south.
+Quote Post
eg914
post Jan 16 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,223
Region Association: None

I am planning on showing up . . . unless the car gods see fit to punish me for my various transgressions!
+Quote Post
KuHL 951
post Jan 16 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 16 2009, 08:15 AM) *

Let me clarify something. You can come to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion if you once saw a picture of a Porsche Tractor and it made you feel funny in a spot your momma told you not to scratch. We don't run anyone off. Everyone is welcome. The owner of the donut shop has a Boxster for gosh sakes! How can that be a real Porsche! It's made in Finland!

By the way, you '44 guys are welcome and I would love to be the first '14 at your event...

Thanks for the invite and I will try to make it on the . I'll post a reminder of our monthly taco fest for you 14'ers also. What says 'other' Porsche owner better than donuts and $1.25 fish tacos? This could be an interesting Porsche mix, 'air' and 'water'...all we need to avoid is the constant threat of that 3rd element 'fire'. The 944/928 is known for fuel rail and fuel line leaks over the exhaust. Does the 914 have a similar weak spot resulting in flame-outs?
+Quote Post
KuHL 951
post Jan 16 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(eg914 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:10 AM) *

I am planning on showing up . . . unless the car gods see fit to punish me for my various transgressions!

I think I've seen you driving around EG several times and I think you've spotted me also in my black car. Do you live on the east side of 99 between Bond and EG?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 16 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #17

Apex killer!

Brett,
That will be too bad. I picked the date for your availability! No problem though. Family is far more important than 'family'. I hope all goes well for your GF's uncle.

Bill has a white 914 that he daily drives. I see him in EG quite often.

My first p car was a '44S2. In fact, I know of a very doable '44 that is for sale on a mechanics lein. $2500 or so should take it home...
+Quote Post
KuHL 951
post Jan 16 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 16 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Bill has a white 914 that he daily drives. I see him in EG quite often.

My first p car was a '44S2. In fact, I know of a very doable '44 that is for sale on a mechanics lein. $2500 or so should take it home...

I remember well when the 914 was the 'everymans' Porsche and parts were fairly cheap. Then the 924 came along (not feeling the love there), and finally the 944 has now taken over as the cheapie P-car. I think the prices started climbing on the 914's when rust took it's toll on available rolling stock. The 944 is dip galvanized and more 'project' hulks made it through the rust years. Can you PM some info on that 'lien special' 944? My first 944, below, was an 83 I bought 6 years ago and I loved that car. Bought it for $2500 also and it was a real nice unmolested specimen.

(IMG:http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/83944small3_copy1.jpg)
+Quote Post
eg914
post Jan 17 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,223
Region Association: None

KuHl,

I have seen you around. I live off of Bond near the fitness center (or whatever it is named). I look forward to meeting you.
+Quote Post
KuHL 951
post Jan 17 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(eg914 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:08 PM) *

KuHl,

I have seen you around. I live off of Bond near the fitness center (or whatever it is named). I look forward to meeting you.

Bill,
I figured that was your 914 and I must live only a few blocks away. My house backs up to Bond Rd, it's the 2 story house directly across from Mikuni's. Hope you can also make the next Taco Tuesday Feb. 2nd at Rubios, Bruceville and EG Blvd. I'll probably see you next Saturday if I can get a hall pass from doing home improvements.

Steve
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:56 PM