Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Let's warm this winter up a bit! Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Family Donuts and Deli at the corner of San Juan Avenue and Fair Oaks Blvd. The weather has been nice! Let's get those cars out and give them a little drive!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just two weeks until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! What ya got? Bring it out and show it! The weather is great!
Eric_Shea
Anything closer? Say... Tooele?? confused24.gif
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Anything closer? Say... Tooele?? confused24.gif

Oh come on! Show a little effort. Bring all your wives! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Less than two weeks to go! See you all there!
ConeDodger

See you there!
ConeDodger

Come see the magic disappearing 914! (Mine) Finally off the lift and out of the garage after getting 5 lugged and new suspension! See you there!
ConeDodger

Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Cousin Suzie should be there! Hopefully no one asks her to explain those hickies!!! biggrin.gif
nowlings
I'm in and Bringing my (formerly my mother's) 1974 marathon blue 1.8. See you there and hopefully more will see this and get out there biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(nowlings @ Jan 14 2009, 09:34 PM) *

I'm in and Bringing my (formerly my mother's) 1974 marathon blue 1.8. See you there and hopefully more will see this and get out there biggrin.gif

Great to hear! We should have a dozen or so...
KuHL 951
My first post here. A local told me about your monthly GTG and I'm wondering if 944 Turbos are welcome or is it strictly 914's? Hopefully the watercoolers aren't verboten or run off with big sticks. We have a pretty active group ourselves with a monthly Taco Tuesday GTG at Rubio's in Elk Grove the 1st Tuesday of every month. Everything from 944's, 928's, 911's, 930's, 996's but no representation from a 914 yet. You are always welcome. We are just a bunch of P-car motorheads that talk shop and eat cheap fish tacos.

My daily driver
IPB Image

Project car nearing completion
IPB Image
ConeDodger

Let me clarify something. You can come to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion if you once saw a picture of a Porsche Tractor and it made you feel funny in a spot your momma told you not to scratch. We don't run anyone off. Everyone is welcome. The owner of the donut shop has a Boxster for gosh sakes! How can that be a real Porsche! It's made in Finland!

By the way, you '44 guys are welcome and I would love to be the first '14 at your event...
biosurfer1
Rob,

I was the one who tipped KuHL (Steve) off to our gatherings. I have met a couple 944 guys in the area since I got mine, so I'm trying to get them to come too...on a sad note, I might not be able to make it this month, GF's uncle is in the hospital and things dont look good, may have to make an unscheduled trip down south.
eg914
I am planning on showing up . . . unless the car gods see fit to punish me for my various transgressions!
KuHL 951
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 16 2009, 08:15 AM) *

Let me clarify something. You can come to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion if you once saw a picture of a Porsche Tractor and it made you feel funny in a spot your momma told you not to scratch. We don't run anyone off. Everyone is welcome. The owner of the donut shop has a Boxster for gosh sakes! How can that be a real Porsche! It's made in Finland!

By the way, you '44 guys are welcome and I would love to be the first '14 at your event...

Thanks for the invite and I will try to make it on the . I'll post a reminder of our monthly taco fest for you 14'ers also. What says 'other' Porsche owner better than donuts and $1.25 fish tacos? This could be an interesting Porsche mix, 'air' and 'water'...all we need to avoid is the constant threat of that 3rd element 'fire'. The 944/928 is known for fuel rail and fuel line leaks over the exhaust. Does the 914 have a similar weak spot resulting in flame-outs?
KuHL 951
QUOTE(eg914 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:10 AM) *

I am planning on showing up . . . unless the car gods see fit to punish me for my various transgressions!

I think I've seen you driving around EG several times and I think you've spotted me also in my black car. Do you live on the east side of 99 between Bond and EG?
ConeDodger
Brett,
That will be too bad. I picked the date for your availability! No problem though. Family is far more important than 'family'. I hope all goes well for your GF's uncle.

Bill has a white 914 that he daily drives. I see him in EG quite often.

My first p car was a '44S2. In fact, I know of a very doable '44 that is for sale on a mechanics lein. $2500 or so should take it home...
KuHL 951
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 16 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Bill has a white 914 that he daily drives. I see him in EG quite often.

My first p car was a '44S2. In fact, I know of a very doable '44 that is for sale on a mechanics lein. $2500 or so should take it home...

I remember well when the 914 was the 'everymans' Porsche and parts were fairly cheap. Then the 924 came along (not feeling the love there), and finally the 944 has now taken over as the cheapie P-car. I think the prices started climbing on the 914's when rust took it's toll on available rolling stock. The 944 is dip galvanized and more 'project' hulks made it through the rust years. Can you PM some info on that 'lien special' 944? My first 944, below, was an 83 I bought 6 years ago and I loved that car. Bought it for $2500 also and it was a real nice unmolested specimen.

IPB Image
eg914
KuHl,

I have seen you around. I live off of Bond near the fitness center (or whatever it is named). I look forward to meeting you.
KuHL 951
QUOTE(eg914 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:08 PM) *

KuHl,

I have seen you around. I live off of Bond near the fitness center (or whatever it is named). I look forward to meeting you.

Bill,
I figured that was your 914 and I must live only a few blocks away. My house backs up to Bond Rd, it's the 2 story house directly across from Mikuni's. Hope you can also make the next Taco Tuesday Feb. 2nd at Rubios, Bruceville and EG Blvd. I'll probably see you next Saturday if I can get a hall pass from doing home improvements.

Steve
ConeDodger

Steve and Bill, now you are getting to the heart of what the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is all about! People who see each other driving by becoming friends. Ironic you should mention Mikuni's because we will be having a special lunch edition of the Reunion at the EG Mikuni location. The IT guy for Mikuni is a buddy and he has invited us to use the meeting room!

Hope to see you guys next week!
PeeGreen 914
There is a lot of very nice cars in this thread biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 17 2009, 09:23 AM) *

There is a lot of very nice cars in this thread biggrin.gif

I bet you like that red one don't you? biggrin.gif
eg914
Steve,

I do live a couple of blocks from you. We are on diamond crest, behind the elementary school.

Good luck with the hall pass, hope to see you (and everyone else) Saturday
ConeDodger

Come on down! Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! See you there!
ConeDodger

Only a few days left until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Come on down and see the gang! The winter has been warm and dry and it gives us a chance to bring out the cars! See ya'll there!
ConeDodger

Just a few days left! Hope to see you! Bring the car if you can, but most important is bring yourself!
ConeDodger

A couple days and a wake up till the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Time is so short we could dangle our feet off a dime! Are you ready? See you there!
KuHL 951
Do you guys meet rain or shine? Looks like rain for the next 3-4 days. Just checking since I would have to reseal a small sunroof drip before driving mine.
ConeDodger

Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We will meet rain or shine! If your car leaks bring something else... It's the people!
Jerry75914
My little car is not even close to waterproof for now, but if the sun's out, I'll be there!
biosurfer1
Good news via bad news... my gf's great uncle died Monday, thus the ski trip has been cancelled this weekend, which means I'll be there now...with my new toy (944) of course:)
ConeDodger

OMG! It's tomorrow! See you there... Drive whatever. We would rather get to see you than that sorry bucket of bolts you have been trying to keep running...

It's about the people!
ConeDodger

Evening before bump! Hope to see you there!
eg914
I will be there with my "sorry bucket of bolts", 'cause it's still running! Woo Hoo
ConeDodger
Wow!

We had a hole in our menacing looking sky and the turnout was great! One entire side of the parking lot was Porsche only. Well... there were 2 914's and they are NARP...

Thanks to Jim Dupree, Bill Vogt, Chuck, Steve, A and Savvy, Brett, Val and Ginger, and I think a couple others whose names escape me right now... We had two 914's, two 944's one a Turbo, two 911's, one a '75 911S original owner, one Boxster...

A took pics and I will try and get them but for now I have to figure out how my 11 year old managed to write protect my compact flash card...

Remember, you don't have to have a running car. You could even have a tractor as long as it's a Porsche tractor... laugh.gif
KuHL 951
It was nice meeting up with a new group. I learned more about 914's today than I've learned in 6 years. Unfortunately they share similar horror stories like the 944's I'm more familiar with. I would love a ride in a 2.7L version some day...that must be fun with the light body.
biosurfer1
Steve,

It was nice to meet you and see everyone else again. Just wait until we get Paul to give you a ride in his 914 with a 3.6 in it... its on another level.

I'll see you next Tuesday.
KuHL 951
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 24 2009, 07:39 PM) *

Steve,

It was nice to meet you and see everyone else again. Just wait until we get Paul to give you a ride in his 914 with a 3.6 in it... its on another level.

I'll see you next Tuesday.

Same here Brett. Hopefully we will see a few new faces at Taco Tuesday on Feb. 3rd, not next Tuesday!
biosurfer1
I have this argument with my mom all the time:)

I say "next Tuesday" meaning not "this coming Tuesday"....so next Tuesday to me would be the 3rd:)
ConeDodger
Someone, I think it was Chuck was telling me about a mobile Porsche Service guy they had used for something... Strangely enough someone today asked me about it. If it was you Chuck PM me or write the guys name and number here... Thx!
eg914
It was a great turn-out. A couple more Porsches and there wouldn't be room for anything else on that side of the parking lot.

Nice to meet you Steve. Taco Tuesday sounds like a blast. I'll have to see if I can convince the director of entertainment that it is a good idea!
KuHL 951
For those of you Sacto folk I was asked to post info on another monthly GTG we do. Everyone is welcome beater or garage queen. Hopefully some of you guys can make it. It would nice to get one of every model someday.

Here's a link to the info:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/924-...ay-feb-3-a.html
ConeDodger
Steve, Lets just start a new thread.... I will start it. We can give it a little tickle everyday to keep it in sight!
KuHL 951
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 30 2009, 02:15 PM) *

Steve, Lets just start a new thread.... I will start it. We can give it a little tickle everyday to keep it in sight!

Thanks Rob, I hope some of you guys can make it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.