Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> steering wheel size, stock vs. ?
tat2dphreak
post Feb 18 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

ok, I have a grant steering wheel in my car right now... it's ok... but feels too small... I think it's a 12" or 13" wheel... I feel like I can drive with handcuffs on... what is the stock wheel? I think I want something inbetween the 2 sizes.... what size do you run?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
iiibdsiil
post Feb 18 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #2

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

I run the 930S wheel. Not sure on the size, but to me, it is perfect. I have driven 914's with the stock skinny wheel, and this is a lot better. I feel like it is perfect for the car. And if I didn't know better, I would think that the car was supposed to have that wheel.

- Brett Smith
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 18 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #3

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

the "standard" performance wheel is 350mm. i have a Grant on my shelf and it is visibly smaller than that.
i keep it around because i think it may be a decent AX wheel, just to quicken the steering up a bit, but i like the 350mm wheels on the street and big tracks.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Feb 18 2004, 12:19 PM
Post #4

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

maybe it's the lack of hub... but I hit my knee when shifting with a stock wheel occasionally... damn long legs... the extra distance from the hub may alleviate that... but the diameter seems a little big... but this grant one feels way too small...(perfect for a getaway car though, since I could drive with handcuffs on) though the grip diameter is much more correct... the stock one feels thin...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:37 PM