Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, I have a grant steering wheel in my car right now... it's ok... but feels too small... I think it's a 12" or 13" wheel... I feel like I can drive with handcuffs on... what is the stock wheel? I think I want something inbetween the 2 sizes.... what size do you run?
iiibdsiil
I run the 930S wheel. Not sure on the size, but to me, it is perfect. I have driven 914's with the stock skinny wheel, and this is a lot better. I feel like it is perfect for the car. And if I didn't know better, I would think that the car was supposed to have that wheel.

- Brett Smith
ArtechnikA
the "standard" performance wheel is 350mm. i have a Grant on my shelf and it is visibly smaller than that.
i keep it around because i think it may be a decent AX wheel, just to quicken the steering up a bit, but i like the 350mm wheels on the street and big tracks.
tat2dphreak
maybe it's the lack of hub... but I hit my knee when shifting with a stock wheel occasionally... damn long legs... the extra distance from the hub may alleviate that... but the diameter seems a little big... but this grant one feels way too small...(perfect for a getaway car though, since I could drive with handcuffs on) though the grip diameter is much more correct... the stock one feels thin...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.