Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shoot Out, 2009
J P Stein
post Jan 14 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

A Regional autocross put on by NWRPCA and ORPCA has been arranged at Packwood, WA., August 8 & 9. The plan is to piggy back the 914 Shoot Out on this 2 day event. Mark this on your calendars & bring your "A" game.

Both the OR & NW regions allow non Porsches at their regular events tho it has not been decided if that will be the case here.

We gunna' have some fun........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jan 14 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) It's on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 14 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) I'm going to have to learn how to drive by then! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jan 14 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Irrelevant old fart

For those that missed the Shoot Out last year, it was the best time I ever had at a Porsche event....even tho Grant was there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Dry camping is available on site. Under the roof in the center foreground is covered parking....but watch for the swallows.
As you can see, there's enuff asphalt for just about anything.....something like 11 acres......decent stuff, too.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Jan 14 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,842

A week before the Monterey Historics! BITCHIN'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I'm gonna need a looonnggg vacation by then!... and probably afterwards too! haha. You guys should fly Jim Burke up there from Riverside Region! He designs AWESOME courses.... The last one of his that I was at had a 1500 foot 'strait' right off the bat. The braver drivers were topping 100 MPH strait into a decreasing radius, 1st gear hairpin! LOVE IT! I'm scared to think what he'd do with THAT much real estate! Either way, I'm saving $ for this one already! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Mark D.
+Quote Post
CliffBraun
post Jan 14 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,933

Shit, it's a week before buttonwillow lemons. I hope I can get an understanding internship.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jan 14 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #7

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jan 14 2009, 09:31 PM) *

A week before the Monterey Historics! BITCHIN'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I'm gonna need a looonnggg vacation by then!... and probably afterwards too! haha. You guys should fly Jim Burke up there from Riverside Region! He designs AWESOME courses.... The last one of his that I was at had a 1500 foot 'strait' right off the bat. The braver drivers were topping 100 MPH strait into a decreasing radius, 1st gear hairpin! LOVE IT! I'm scared to think what he'd do with THAT much real estate! Either way, I'm saving $ for this one already! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Mark D.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) That doesn't sound like a great AX. Sounds more like a drag race with a few turns.
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Jan 15 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 14 2009, 09:44 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) That doesn't sound like a great AX. Sounds more like a drag race with a few turns.

Well, maybe not the most fair AX for the low power guys like me, but I want to road race, so it was a ton of fun. 17 turns and runs in the 100 second range on a mile long course! I thought it was cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Mark D.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jan 15 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Irrelevant old fart

The course will be set up using SCCA guidelines for top speeds.....maybe a touch more.......65-70mph for the fast guys, also with busy but prolly never below 35mph sections. ...no rest spots & no ABS finish boxes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:49 PM