Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Smokey the 914
JJ914
post Jan 25 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Big JJ

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,374
Region Association: None

OK here I go again, thought the problem was gone but I was wrong. Heres what is going on. Its a 2.0 with a mild cam and 40 IDFs. Carbs have f11 emulsion tubes,200 air correction,32 vents, 125 mains and 55 idles. When the car is cold it runs great pulls hard and no smoke, when the car gets up to temp after some driving it begans to put out some nice white smoke. It does it the most when you first give it gas, it smokes some at idle and is ok when the car is going. The smoke smells rich or maybe it is very lean. Here is what I know. I check the fuel pressure and it is at 3 psi, been through the carbs and rebuilt them. They tuned to best lean idle with problem and all the carbs are flowing equally. I added a oil breather box. Set timimg to 27 degrees. Put new plugs in also.

Will a car running very lean smoke and how does it look compared to running rich? The smoke from my car smells very bad and it gives me a headache if I dont get some fresh air.

I am just about at my wits end with this, I put the new 2.0 this summer and I just cant get it to work right, its hard to be cool in nice 914 that looks like a steam train.

I talked with a friend tonight that said it sounds like it leaning out when it gets warm. Could that be my problem?
Thanks

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:05 AM