Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bought items through classifieds from Randy Webb, didn't get them. but he has my money
olav
post Feb 19 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 34
Region Association: None

I bought some items for my car off of Randy Webb of webmotorsports.com.

He sent me some of the stuff but hasn't sent everything. Still
missing a drivers seat.

I have phoned him several times to get the items and he always says his email has dumped and lost my contact info.

I talked to him last month where he assured me that he would
send it and he was glad I called because, once again, he lost my contact info.

This seems strange since he runs an online business webbmortorsports.com

I was wondering what recorse I have to get my seat or my
money back.

He lives in Denver and I'm in San Jose, CA.

I guess I'm out of luck with this guy.

Oh, this has been going on for over a year!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Olav
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Feb 19 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

I think he's very active on the 911 Pelican Board.

I would try there. You could try posting there too, and maybe he'll shape up.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Feb 19 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Qarl:
Whoa dude, that's a different Randy Webb.. the PP guy is from Oreygun. I solt him my 73 9eleben....BTW, he's a lawyer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 19 2004, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4

I think this is the randy webb in denver who was selling the 3.2L 914-6 on the old classifieds. after apparently not getting enough responses he posted some sort of flame ad to everyone. guy seemed like a bit of a nut case.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Feb 19 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Small Member

Member No.: 633

Olav -
I just threw out an email to our 914 group in Colorado to see if he is a member or if anyone knows of him. I will let you know.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 19 2004, 02:17 PM
Post #6

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

our in-house Mini guy has definitely heard of Randy Webb, and the CO-based Mini website... said he wouldn't do business with him and seeing how the gold-plated snake-oil device "M7 Plasma Booster" is touted on the technical forum there i tend to agree... (he did mention that much of the forum traffic seems to be Webb shills ...)

to the extent that Webb actually ships product he's been paid for there's no problem with being a marketer, even of questionable products, but if the part is paid for and not shipped, that's definitely a problem.

he's said he'll check into the forum and watch the messages there. if Webb has crossed the line from flake to fraud the word will spread in the Mini community pretty quickly, i'd think ...
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Feb 19 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #7

Shriveled member

Member No.: 271

My bad...

For some reason, I thought I had researched that the Randy Webb on PP was in Colorado.

I could swear that one time I looked at the location of a Randy Webb on PP and saw in his profile that it said Colorado.

I guess not.

Never mind.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 19 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #8

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Olav,
if you used the US mail to send payment or if he used US Mail to send partial shipments, then it is Mail Fraud and the FBI (I believe) is the agency for that one.
+Quote Post
olav
post Feb 19 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #9

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 34

QUOTE(vortrex @ Feb 19 2004, 11:57 AM)
I think this is the randy webb in denver who was selling the 3.2L 914-6 on the old classifieds. after apparently not getting enough responses he posted some sort of flame ad to everyone. guy seemed like a bit of a nut case.

That's the same guy.

Thanks for everone's suggestions and help.

The payment was sent via US Mail. Partial shipment was via UPS.

When I talked to Randy last he got pretty mad at me because I was
stating the fact that he somehow kept "losing" my contact info and
he said he didn't like what I was implying, that he was being dishonest.

Me stating facts got his undies in a bundle.

He hung up on me as a matter of fact.

That is why I'm coming here to get some ideas. I don't think
he will honor his end of the bargan.

I doubt the FBI will care about $100.00 but he does have his online business so there is an angle.

I hope this story can get back to him to show him that he honesty is the best policy.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 19 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(olav @ Feb 19 2004, 12:55 PM)
Me stating facts got his undies in a bundle.

He hung up on me as a matter of fact.

that is so funny. when he was selling his 914-6 he didn't mention it had sat for some time with standing water in the cabin that rusted the floors at least partially. when I asked why he didn't mention this in his ad he got all worked up.
+Quote Post
jtf914
post Feb 19 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 58
Region Association: North East States

Funny, I just dropped off some deep dish 15x6 wheels I bought from him about a year ago to have my tires installed. He told me;
"Straight and true.  I don't think there is any road rash or curb marks, but I may be wrong - if there is it's minor."

Minor MY ASS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) The price was still good so I kept em, now I'm really hoping they are straight.......
+Quote Post
Scott
post Feb 19 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 138

You may want to e-mail the cops in Colorado. You could ask them to go by and see him about this situation. If you lived in Colorado and had done business with him, they would question him. Why not now. Many police depts take dim views of people in their area defrauding customers on the web these days.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 19 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #13

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Also,
we can ban him from this place.
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Feb 19 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #14

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

Looks like someone has brought it to his attention.

http://www.webbmotorsports.com/forums/view...topic.php?t=279
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Feb 19 2004, 04:14 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

I met him once two years ago at a auto x, and later heard the rust story associated with his six that was for sale. Other than that I have had no experience. However If I can assist let me know.
Bummer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
Ferg
+Quote Post
Slowpoke
post Feb 19 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 768

This is almost no recourse for people ripped off by fraud on the internet. I lost $2200 to a guy in Portland. He got away with between $60,000 to $80,000 as estimated by the AOPA. Selling aviation radios he didn't have. I notified FBI computer fraud division, USPS mail fraud division, Portland Police computer fraud division, Oregon state attorney general, Ebay fraud and what ever is the local Portland TV station up there that does TV interviews of some sort when people get ripped off and other people I can't even remember. No one did anything that I or anyone else that got ripped off I contacted ever knew about. They were all real nice when I filed letters, email etc. though.
Two weeks after he was banned on ebay he was back there with a different name. I caught on to him and let ebay know about it. But, I'm sure he is still doing this type of thing. Kiss off the two hundred and move on. There is just too much of this going on to use getting caught as any deterent. When I buy something now, I just write it off as a lost until it shows up on my door.
I sometimes send parts to people and tell them to send me the money went they get the part. I sometimes wait months to get paid. It sucks no matter what end of the deal you are on.
Sorry for your lost. Maybe your experience will be different, hope so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Peter
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Feb 19 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #17

Small Member

Member No.: 633

I just sent an email to the info web address. Being in Colorado, maybe it will get you a response. Here is the email:
There is a thread forming on the 914 club web page (www.914world.com) on some products ordered from you, payment being sent, but he has only received a partial shipment from you. He also says when he has called to question the situation he has been hung up on. I thought it might be something you want to address before the rumor mill takes over. You know how close knit the auto aftermarket/collectors circle is, especially between all of us in Colorado.
Hope it all works out.
Scott S

------------------------
Sincerely,
Scott E Schroeder
Corporate Credit Manager
Gambro BCT
scott.schroeder@gambrobct.com
800.525.2623 ext 2174
303.876.9127 fax
tracks914
post Feb 19 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #18

Canadian Member

Member No.: 153

QUOTE(Slowpoke @ Feb 19 2004, 02:28 PM)

I sometimes send parts to people and tell them to send me the money went they get the part.

I just bought all my engine parts from Mark Henry. (AKA Mark's Air Cooled) He put all the parts (probably a weeks pay for him) in the mail before he even knew I wrote the cheque. (I hope he's recieved it by now)
My point is this, some dealers and men are honorable, others are schmucks. Let's point out the good ones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) and blacklist the bad ones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 19 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #19

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Send Gint over there to kick his ass... Gint can take'm. $20 bucks on Gint! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
randywebb
post Feb 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,677

Yow! First Thx for pointing out that this guy is not me, and for alerting me to this thread. I am the Randy Webb in Eugene Oregon who bought JP's 911 (now getting a 3.2L BTW) and often posts on Pelican and Rennlist (usually along the lines of skeptical scientist type stuff on technical matters) - (I'm a scientist (for the last few decades) and a lawyer too (specializing in protecting endangered species).

Now. I don't know that guy. He is not a relative, etc. Also, he should lose the right to use this fine name....

Some friendly advice (and I'm not acting as a nybody's lawyer here, OK) - buy via credit card and refuse to pay if you don't get the goods. It it's already too late for that, then contact the Consumer Protection office of the state the guy's business is in. You can try a BBB complaint also. The FBI and cops won't do anything.

The only other option is to file against him in court. If it's a small claim, then you'd probably have to file in his home state. State laws differ but in Orygun a small claim goes up to $5,000. That may not work for you - but maybe you have a friend who could help and that lives in his state.

Good luck.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 03:07 AM