Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kudos to NW 914 Peeps, My 240Z dash came home today...
ConeDodger
post Jan 28 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

First of all thanks to Jon for picking it up from the seller, and Todd Enlund who drove it down to Sac cuddled in blankets and towels, all wrapped up in a tarp...
I think Jamie Rust had a thing or two to do with it as well...

I did not really appreciate what everyone kept saying about this dash until I got it stashed back in the storage area in my basement. It is as beautiful as a new dash board. I am truly thankful for all your help...

If I can ever help... you know what to do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jan 28 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #2

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Any time Rob. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 30 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #3

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) A little bump to make sure Jamie Rust and Todd Enlund get to see this...

Thanks guys!
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jan 30 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 27 2009, 11:05 PM) *

I did not really appreciate what everyone kept saying about this dash until I got it stashed back in the storage area in my basement. It is as beautiful as a new dash board. I am truly thankful for all your help...

When we opened it up, I was a little disappointed in your reaction. Then when you brought it inside and actually got to see it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

It was a good trip. I brought back 5 gallons and two bottles of beer from Moylan's in Novato. Got to talk directly with the brewer, Denise Jones, for a while. I've always liked their beers, and the pub was a great place too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 30 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 30 2009, 10:31 AM) *

When we opened it up, I was a little disappointed in your reaction. Then when you brought it inside and actually got to see it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

It was a good trip. I brought back 5 gallons and two bottles of beer from Moylan's in Novato. Got to talk directly with the brewer, Denise Jones, for a while. I've always liked their beers, and the pub was a great place too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I only brought the Dash from Jon's to my place. A mere 5 hour drive. Although the only reason I was at Jon's was I bought a MDX for my wife. Jon was a big help picking me up at the airport. Then dropping me off at the dealership. Which was luckily pretty close to Jon's house. Once again the 914 community comes together for a good cause (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

It worked out great for me too! Todd picked up my Scheel seat I bought while he was in Cali! I'm loving it & I haven't even gotten it in my car. Thanks Todd you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

I must admit Rob I spent a few minutes contemplating retrofiting a 240z dash into a 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Feb 3 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Resident Photoshop Guru

Shasta on the way down:

Attached Image

Wish I'd have brought my polarizing filter...
+Quote Post
mbrown3039
post Feb 3 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,658
Region Association: Southwest Region

First of all thanks to Jon for picking it up from the seller, and Todd Enlund who drove it down to Sac cuddled in blankets and towels, all wrapped up in a tarp...

Any chance of some pics? This is the first I've heard of this mod....M
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 4 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #8

Apex killer!

QUOTE(mbrown3039 @ Feb 3 2009, 08:57 PM) *

Any chance of some pics? This is the first I've heard of this mod....M

LOL! It isn't a modification. Besides two 914's and a 911 - I have a 240Z which is under restoration. The dash is for a 240Z and it will be going into a 240Z...

Yesterday, I fired up the 240Z and warmed up her fluids. Yopu once again said "I want to drive that car!" I'm not sure if I am restoring it for her or me!

Thanks again guys!
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Feb 4 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #9

Resident Photoshop Guru

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 4 2009, 10:54 AM) *

Yesterday, I fired up the 240Z and warmed up her fluids. Yopu once again said "I want to drive that car!" I'm not sure if I am restoring it for her or me!

When I had my 280Z, my wife loved driving it. I think part of the reason was that she enjoyed the gearheads flirting with her.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 06:05 AM