Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goodie Bags, Whats in 'em?
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 19 2004, 07:54 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Here is my list of things to include: I will edit this first post as suggestions are made and the list is refined:

* Simple plastic bag to hold everything - Logo-ized?
* Prepaid coupon for the 17-Mile drive admission fee
* Box lunch for the Monterey trip
* Event Rallye Shield or grille badge or...
* Maps for every place we need to be
* Voting ballots for the awards
* 914Club sticker
* A contact list with names and phone numbers
* Donated items from sponsors and parts vendors- business cards, discount coupons, pens
* Prepaid coupon for the 914 BBQ
* WCC 2004 CD(s) - Thanks Jon Watts
* Diagram for individual car placements for the group photo(s)

What else?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 19 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #2

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Is the Auto- X going to be a pre-paid item or do we need to add a registration form to the goodie bag? Same for the Swap Meet for people who want to sell stuff.

When the 'twisty tour' was first mentioned I had visions of hitching a ride with somebody. My car (plus a few others I expect) is not street legal. I certainly planned to trailer it to the photo shoot site, but I doubt I can keep up with a pack of Porsches to get it there. I would hate to spend day 1 of the event towing all day after I towing all day on Thursday to get there.

Yes, the cars will be assembled and parked with care at the Car Show. Unless we are very luck, I doubt that there will be a vantage point to take a photo that will show all the cars. (I hope I am wrong) Has anybody checked out the location?

If you are planning a 'sunset shot" make sure to allow enough time for staging the photo. Daylight is a limited resource. A shot of 50+ teeners in the dark would not be very spectacular.

I am not trying to be negative - just looking at our options. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 20 2004, 01:25 AM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

* Simple plastic bag to hold everything - Logo-ized? Yes Who knows a source and we need a cost and minumum order number.

* Prepaid coupon for the 17-Mile drive admission fee I like that idea.

* Box lunch for the Monterey trip This could also be done with a coupon good for like 5 bucks twords the purchase of a meal. There may be an additional out of pocket cost but the restraunt won't have to worry about making change for a bunch of coupon waiving car guys.

* Event Rallye Shield or grille badge or... pens from local businesses, ballots for the car show, etc.

* Maps for every place we need to be If you like the maps I could print the routes with a push pin for rest stops, bathroom breaks, and lunch spots.

* A contact list with names and phone numbers Great Idea! also cell numbers for the tour guides incase someone has a break down, accident, or gets lost.

* Donated items from sponsors and parts vendors- business cards, discount coupons

* Prepaid coupon for the 914 BBQ Someone local needs to find a caterer for pricing

* WCC 2004 CD(s) - Thanks Jon Watts COOL, whats on the ?CD?

* Diagram for individual car placements for the group photo(s) Group photo should have a separate thread.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:18 AM