Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another 6 coming soon
Nana's_914
post Jul 25 2026, 03:27 PM
Post #101


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 123
Joined: 27-October 06
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 7,100
Region Association: Southern California



QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 25 2026, 03:32 PM) *

Does your control arm have this bracket on it?
My 6 used a strap to hold it away from the headers.
I thought I had pics of it but I can't find it.

BTW, what size oil supply hose are you using from the oil tank to oil cooler?

Interesting... No my trailing arms don't have those tabs. Thanks for pointing them out.

My control arms need to be rebuilt, so I will try to add these tabs when I do.

Looks like the oil lines are -12.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DennisV
post Jul 25 2026, 03:40 PM
Post #102


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,031
Joined: 8-August 20
From: Santa Rosa, CA
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California



QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 25 2026, 12:32 PM) *


Does your control arm have this bracket on it?
My 6 used a strap to hold it away from the headers.
I thought I had pics of it but I can't find it.

BTW, what size oil supply hose are you using from the oil tank to oil cooler?

Our factory 914-6 had tabs with holes on the rear trailing arms as well.

I never got to the bottom of why. Nor can I confirm that it was original.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nana's_914
post Jul 25 2026, 04:58 PM
Post #103


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 123
Joined: 27-October 06
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 7,100
Region Association: Southern California



Found an underside photo of a 914-6 with the brake cable attached to that trailing arm tab. Anyone have the dimensions of the tab? Length, width, hole location?
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/goldenbarngarage.com-7100-1785020328.1.jpg)
https://goldenbarngarage.com/wp-content/upl...15-1536x864.jpg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DennisV
post Jul 26 2026, 07:30 AM
Post #104


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,031
Joined: 8-August 20
From: Santa Rosa, CA
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California



QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Jul 25 2026, 03:58 PM) *

Found an underside photo of a 914-6 with the brake cable attached to that trailing arm tab. Anyone have the dimensions of the tab? Length, width, hole location?

Good photo.

Since this original post, I have seen a couple cars on BaT that appear very original that have it on the driver's side. I've seen a gray strap holding the brake cable on the passenger. My best guess is 999-706-005-80 (suspension strap).

I can get you dimensions for the tab, but it will be a couple weeks before I have access to the car again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nana's_914
post Aug 27 2026, 06:16 PM
Post #105


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 123
Joined: 27-October 06
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 7,100
Region Association: Southern California



Got a triple gauge and rebuilt tach from John Bell today. They look very nice next to my speedo.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nana's_914
post Oct 3 2026, 11:35 AM
Post #106


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 123
Joined: 27-October 06
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 7,100
Region Association: Southern California



Finally able to use my arm again. Breaker bars are my friend right now.
Refreshing the suspension and brake system. Got the back disassembled.
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th October 2026 - 03:24 AM
...