Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 BBQ
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 20 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

My first thought is to get a park or someplace nearby Partsheaven, so that when teh swap/Concours is over we head over to the BBQ to wrap up the event. We would also then need a food vendor.

But last night, I was thingking that if thats too costly or complicated, maybe PartsHeaven would just allowq us to stay at teh meet (it usually breaks up by 1pm or 2pm anyway) and we wouold just mneet there. No costr, no moving the cars etc. We could simply get pizza/deli sandwiches and refreshments and give out the awards.

I am trying hard to keep this simple and inexpensive, and not make it more difficult or expensive than it has to be.

Comments?

I will edit this first post to include all plans for the 914 BBQ soon. Please be sure to check all the first posts for threads I have started from time to time for updates, because I do edit them to keep them current.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 20 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Yes, I agree. If Parts Heaven will allow us to stay that would be best. I think we'd loose to many people on sunday afternoon if we moved. Why couldn't we have a couple of local Bay guys bring there grilles and folding tables and do burgers, brats, and dogs, chips, maybe some potato salad and 3 bean from a local grocery store deli. A package of napkins, paper plates, plastic forks, and a couple of coolers of assorted pop. I can't imagine this would be too hard to organize.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 12 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #3

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

PartsHeaven and LPR (PCA) will accommodate us and let basically hold our event in parallel with their events, on Sunday June 6. We will all benefit from the efforts at putting this together. They will give us a separate parking area where we can all park together as a club, and enjoy the rest of the festivities. Any 914Club member who wants to ewnter the Concours maydo so and the judges will come over to our special 914 corral.

FOOD

They will have a food wagon there with fairgrounds-type foods - Hot dogs, burgers, chips drincks...that kind of food. I propose that we just show up and take advantage of that food arrangement rather than go elsewhere and cater a special BBQ. There would not be any cost in the Reg fees for this event...it would be pay-as-you-go, or individuals could go to the local restaurants or elsewhere off-site if they prefer.

This will be the arrangement for the Sunday Concours/Swapmeet unless anyone posts an overwhelmingly convincing argument otherwise. Comments?
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Mar 12 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #4

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

I like it. There is no need to make things difficult when we have an easy option available.
I'm coming for the people and the cars. A greezy burger is just fine by me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 12 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #5

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 13 2004, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

No problemo!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 10:34 PM