Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JeffBowlsby
My first thought is to get a park or someplace nearby Partsheaven, so that when teh swap/Concours is over we head over to the BBQ to wrap up the event. We would also then need a food vendor.

But last night, I was thingking that if thats too costly or complicated, maybe PartsHeaven would just allowq us to stay at teh meet (it usually breaks up by 1pm or 2pm anyway) and we wouold just mneet there. No costr, no moving the cars etc. We could simply get pizza/deli sandwiches and refreshments and give out the awards.

I am trying hard to keep this simple and inexpensive, and not make it more difficult or expensive than it has to be.

Comments?

I will edit this first post to include all plans for the 914 BBQ soon. Please be sure to check all the first posts for threads I have started from time to time for updates, because I do edit them to keep them current.
rick 918-S
Yes, I agree. If Parts Heaven will allow us to stay that would be best. I think we'd loose to many people on sunday afternoon if we moved. Why couldn't we have a couple of local Bay guys bring there grilles and folding tables and do burgers, brats, and dogs, chips, maybe some potato salad and 3 bean from a local grocery store deli. A package of napkins, paper plates, plastic forks, and a couple of coolers of assorted pop. I can't imagine this would be too hard to organize.
JeffBowlsby
PartsHeaven and LPR (PCA) will accommodate us and let basically hold our event in parallel with their events, on Sunday June 6. We will all benefit from the efforts at putting this together. They will give us a separate parking area where we can all park together as a club, and enjoy the rest of the festivities. Any 914Club member who wants to ewnter the Concours maydo so and the judges will come over to our special 914 corral.

FOOD

They will have a food wagon there with fairgrounds-type foods - Hot dogs, burgers, chips drincks...that kind of food. I propose that we just show up and take advantage of that food arrangement rather than go elsewhere and cater a special BBQ. There would not be any cost in the Reg fees for this event...it would be pay-as-you-go, or individuals could go to the local restaurants or elsewhere off-site if they prefer.

This will be the arrangement for the Sunday Concours/Swapmeet unless anyone posts an overwhelmingly convincing argument otherwise. Comments?
VegasRacer
I like it. There is no need to make things difficult when we have an easy option available.
I'm coming for the people and the cars. A greezy burger is just fine by me. chowtime.gif
seanery
agree.gif
rick 918-S
No problemo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.