Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Teener owners in Lake Tahoe?, heading to Heavenly for vacation and thought we could meet up...
naro914
post Feb 11 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

title says it all. We're heading for a week of skiing 2/21-2/28, staying in Stateline and wondered if there were any owners on the board to maybe hook up with for dinner or something?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 11 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Bob,
Most of us are down here in Sacramento. I think we have a couple of Reno guys that might be up to a trip to the Lake. Have you had this planned for a while? Last report I got, there was not enough snow up there to make it worth the trip... "exposed dirt" was a comment I heard...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
naro914
post Feb 11 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 11 2009, 08:13 PM) *

Bob,
Most of us are down here in Sacramento. I think we have a couple of Reno guys that might be up to a trip to the Lake. Have you had this planned for a while? Last report I got, there was not enough snow up there to make it worth the trip... "exposed dirt" was a comment I heard...

Yep, been planned for 4-5 months - using our timeshare.
I just looked at the condition report on the Heavenly website and it said they've gotten a couple days of snow, so hopefully....

either way, we need a break...

We fly into Sacramento. In theory, we get in around 11:30 on Saturday morning, then drive out to Heavenly. Still haven't gotten the rental car...debating on a SUV or just a car. Last time we were there, it snowed so much it was good we had the 4x4 or we'd have never made it back and forth to our condo....hmmm...
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Feb 11 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #4

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

Snow was great this last Sunday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I snowboarded at Donner Ski Ranch, and there was at least 2-3 feet in the trees with 4-8" of stale but workable powder in there. Plenty of coverage on all runs, BUT Donner pass gets more snow than other spots (except Kirkwood in the south). With the storm hittin now, should be more powder stashes all over Tahoe after tomorrow. The drive up was scary though, 3000 feet and no snow, 4000 feet and no snow, 5000 feet snow on north faces, parking lot of mountain and lots of snow! Get up there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 11 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #5

Apex killer!

I would go for the SUV with 4WD. If you do get snow, 4WD are exempt from the chain requirements.

Chris is probably the better source. I am repeating what I heard and he had eyes on snow. We have conditions that could bring snow. It is raining at the lower levels like Sacramento.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Feb 11 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #6

Losing my mind...

Yeah, and wouldn't it suck for there to be too much snow to go skiing.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 11 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #7

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

There's a guy up in Tahoe who's a member here. Forgot his name ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Feb 12 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #8

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533

Latest Heavenly conditions here

http://vvr.skiheavenly.com/

You might think you don't want a 4X4 until you need one. Be prepared at Tahoe.
BTDT
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 12 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #9

Apex killer!

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *

There's a guy up in Tahoe who's a member here. Forgot his name ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Yes. His screen name is l8ktaho or something like that but I got the impression he was actually located in Reno. Which makes him just as far from Stateline as me... Only difference would be not as much of a climb as me.

You know, Paul Sayegh spends as much time as he can up there in the winter. He has been quiet on the board lately but you should contact him Bob... He is semi-retired and does some consulting for the ski resorts IIRC...
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Feb 12 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #10

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 12 2009, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Yes. His screen name is l8ktaho or something like that but I got the impression he was actually located in Reno. Which makes him just as far from Stateline as me... Only difference would be not as much of a climb as me.

You know, Paul Sayegh spends as much time as he can up there in the winter. He has been quiet on the board lately but you should contact him Bob... He is semi-retired and does some consulting for the ski resorts IIRC...

Yep been quiet because I have been skiing my ass off.....Its been fantastic up there. Skied in thigh deep powder on Monday in the trees until I was exhausted. Finally had to give my legs a rest today. Sierra at Tahoe has some of the best tree skiing around. Not a big resort but if you like trees it's really fun and not far from the lake. If you go there, send me a PM and I'll try to hook up with you for at least a few runs. I have a pass and typically ski 2-4 times a week (but never on weekends).

Snow in the forecast as far out as it goes...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 10:03 PM