Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Teener owners in Lake Tahoe?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
title says it all. We're heading for a week of skiing 2/21-2/28, staying in Stateline and wondered if there were any owners on the board to maybe hook up with for dinner or something?
ConeDodger
Bob,
Most of us are down here in Sacramento. I think we have a couple of Reno guys that might be up to a trip to the Lake. Have you had this planned for a while? Last report I got, there was not enough snow up there to make it worth the trip... "exposed dirt" was a comment I heard...
naro914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 11 2009, 08:13 PM) *

Bob,
Most of us are down here in Sacramento. I think we have a couple of Reno guys that might be up to a trip to the Lake. Have you had this planned for a while? Last report I got, there was not enough snow up there to make it worth the trip... "exposed dirt" was a comment I heard...

Yep, been planned for 4-5 months - using our timeshare.
I just looked at the condition report on the Heavenly website and it said they've gotten a couple days of snow, so hopefully....

either way, we need a break...

We fly into Sacramento. In theory, we get in around 11:30 on Saturday morning, then drive out to Heavenly. Still haven't gotten the rental car...debating on a SUV or just a car. Last time we were there, it snowed so much it was good we had the 4x4 or we'd have never made it back and forth to our condo....hmmm...
Chris Pincetich
Snow was great this last Sunday beerchug.gif
I snowboarded at Donner Ski Ranch, and there was at least 2-3 feet in the trees with 4-8" of stale but workable powder in there. Plenty of coverage on all runs, BUT Donner pass gets more snow than other spots (except Kirkwood in the south). With the storm hittin now, should be more powder stashes all over Tahoe after tomorrow. The drive up was scary though, 3000 feet and no snow, 4000 feet and no snow, 5000 feet snow on north faces, parking lot of mountain and lots of snow! Get up there beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
I would go for the SUV with 4WD. If you do get snow, 4WD are exempt from the chain requirements.

Chris is probably the better source. I am repeating what I heard and he had eyes on snow. We have conditions that could bring snow. It is raining at the lower levels like Sacramento.
naro914
Yeah, and wouldn't it suck for there to be too much snow to go skiing.
SirAndy
There's a guy up in Tahoe who's a member here. Forgot his name ... bye1.gif
Dr. Roger
Latest Heavenly conditions here

http://vvr.skiheavenly.com/

You might think you don't want a 4X4 until you need one. Be prepared at Tahoe.
BTDT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Yes. His screen name is l8ktaho or something like that but I got the impression he was actually located in Reno. Which makes him just as far from Stateline as me... Only difference would be not as much of a climb as me.

You know, Paul Sayegh spends as much time as he can up there in the winter. He has been quiet on the board lately but you should contact him Bob... He is semi-retired and does some consulting for the ski resorts IIRC...
PRS914-6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 12 2009, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Yes. His screen name is l8ktaho or something like that but I got the impression he was actually located in Reno. Which makes him just as far from Stateline as me... Only difference would be not as much of a climb as me.

You know, Paul Sayegh spends as much time as he can up there in the winter. He has been quiet on the board lately but you should contact him Bob... He is semi-retired and does some consulting for the ski resorts IIRC...

Yep been quiet because I have been skiing my ass off.....Its been fantastic up there. Skied in thigh deep powder on Monday in the trees until I was exhausted. Finally had to give my legs a rest today. Sierra at Tahoe has some of the best tree skiing around. Not a big resort but if you like trees it's really fun and not far from the lake. If you go there, send me a PM and I'll try to hook up with you for at least a few runs. I have a pass and typically ski 2-4 times a week (but never on weekends).

Snow in the forecast as far out as it goes...... cheer.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.