Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't Ya'all just hate it when..., broken 901 shift support
rascobo
post Feb 15 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,948
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

While (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) on the car had the transaxel stored against the wall in my very small single garage, and it got knocked over(Murphy* did it), breaking the 'shift support' (901 side shifter). The Haynes manual doesn't detail whether it can be removed from the outside or if the case must be opened to remove the shift fork first. Looking at the exploded view, it appears that removing ball joint lever would allow the support to slide off the shift lever shaft. Would someone who knows enlighten me?
Also, does anyone have, or know where a replacement part can be found?

Thanks, Scott

(*)He may know the 'Law', but He keeps fuckin'up My car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
messix
post Feb 15 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #2

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

btdt. you can remove it, the shift fork comes out with it. just be sure to put it in neutral first. then you can push the roll pin out of either side of the shift rod.
+Quote Post
rascobo
post Feb 15 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Thanks, it was what I was hoping to hear. Now if the shift fork wasn't bent as well, I'll consider myself lucky, as I had that happen to one that fell over years ago.

Scott
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 15 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Maybe you should consider a more horizontal approach for storing your trannies ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 15 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #5

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Instructions for removal and reinstall are in the red link in my signature line, "EvilWerks Tranny Rebuild Service and Parts (Click Here)." I may have a console for sale if you need one. I doubt anything else was damaged other than the shift console.
+Quote Post
rascobo
post Feb 15 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 15 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Maybe you should consider a more horizontal approach for storing your trannies ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy

Sir Andy,

Slightly different situation, while preparing to reinstall engine/trans in the car, the mechanic asked if would crawl underneath the car and help guide and line it up, at one point he needed to raise it a little, but inadvertently released the crane jack, droping both engine and tranny. They both landed on My legs, crushing them so badly they later had to be amputated just below my hips, so I get around on 'aftermarkets' now. Because They weren't insured for this kind of thing I ended up having to sue them for medical expenses, but unfortunately I lost the case. In His ruling, the Judge was sympathetic but declared: "I'm sorry Mr. Bolan but it's obvious to this court by just looking that You don't have a leg to stand on".

An absolutely true story! Well, up to where he dropped it anyway.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) once again right back at Ya! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:54 PM