Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't Ya'all just hate it when...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rascobo
While smash.gif on the car had the transaxel stored against the wall in my very small single garage, and it got knocked over(Murphy* did it), breaking the 'shift support' (901 side shifter). The Haynes manual doesn't detail whether it can be removed from the outside or if the case must be opened to remove the shift fork first. Looking at the exploded view, it appears that removing ball joint lever would allow the support to slide off the shift lever shaft. Would someone who knows enlighten me?
Also, does anyone have, or know where a replacement part can be found?

Thanks, Scott

(*)He may know the 'Law', but He keeps fuckin'up My car. mad.gif
messix
btdt. you can remove it, the shift fork comes out with it. just be sure to put it in neutral first. then you can push the roll pin out of either side of the shift rod.
rascobo

Thanks, it was what I was hoping to hear. Now if the shift fork wasn't bent as well, I'll consider myself lucky, as I had that happen to one that fell over years ago.

Scott
SirAndy
Maybe you should consider a more horizontal approach for storing your trannies ...

shades.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Instructions for removal and reinstall are in the red link in my signature line, "EvilWerks Tranny Rebuild Service and Parts (Click Here)." I may have a console for sale if you need one. I doubt anything else was damaged other than the shift console.
rascobo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 15 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Maybe you should consider a more horizontal approach for storing your trannies ...

shades.gif Andy

Sir Andy,

Slightly different situation, while preparing to reinstall engine/trans in the car, the mechanic asked if would crawl underneath the car and help guide and line it up, at one point he needed to raise it a little, but inadvertently released the crane jack, droping both engine and tranny. They both landed on My legs, crushing them so badly they later had to be amputated just below my hips, so I get around on 'aftermarkets' now. Because They weren't insured for this kind of thing I ended up having to sue them for medical expenses, but unfortunately I lost the case. In His ruling, the Judge was sympathetic but declared: "I'm sorry Mr. Bolan but it's obvious to this court by just looking that You don't have a leg to stand on".

An absolutely true story! Well, up to where he dropped it anyway.
shades.gif once again right back at Ya! bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.