Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I hate people that make a deal then screw you, Things are looking up. May still make a deal
JRust
post Feb 21 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I see an add for a 73 2.0 car. Basicaly a parts car as it is missing the doors. It's all primered & of course no rust. Supposedly runs but been parked a while. I've wanted to get another 73 2.0 to restore as it was my first 914. Anyway the guy wants a $1000 for it. He was going to try to get me some pics tommorow. After thinking about it I say I'll just come tommorow with $1000 in cash. Felt pretty comfortable after talking to him. He does say the fuchs are 5-lug. Of course I had to explain what fuchs are to him. Anyway I think to myself I guess they did a 5-lug swap on it. He tels me okay it's yours for the $1000. See you in the morning.

I get my trailer all loaded & decide to head a little south tonight. I catch a move with my brother & am going to crash at his place (that was the plan anyway). Buthead calls me back a little pissed. He says how much are the wheels worth. I know I can get more if I part it out. He goes on to tell me he just checked ebay & the fuchs are worth $2000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) . He then goes on to list what each part is worth (so he thinks). Engine $700 (okay so that is worth that) Transmission $700 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Tailights $150 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

No center console, Dash is cracked, seats are toast, no windshield. No rust which is definately a plus. I tell him the $1000 is a fair price especially since I am driving 4+ hours to come get it. Somehow he seems to think I am trying to screw him. Especially on the wheels. I tell him there is no way they are worth $2000. I am estimating they are 15x6 fuchs. I say he'd be lucky to get $600 for them. That would be in very good shape. Anyway I am little pissed at the prick. Just weird as his wife was the one to call me back after my movie. She says I sent him to bed because he had been drinking. Weirdest flippin night I've had in quite a while. Not even sure the deal is dead. Pretty positive I don't want to deal with the prick though. Like I need another 914 anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) Rant over now
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Feb 21 2009, 04:02 AM
Post #2

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The guy should have done some reseach before he decided to list it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
On the other hand if they are 5lug deep sixes with hearts they could be worth quite a bit.
I hope he gets an earfull from his wife in the morning : (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Good Luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 21 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the guy that offered him more money and sealed the deal with the "wheels are worth x and you're getting screwed" can have it. you know that's the play. sooner on the phone than after the drive to where ever. ps it's not a "runner". it's a "usta runner".(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Feb 21 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #4

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) Jamie, you need another teener like a hole in the head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Although, it does sound like a nice solid base to start with. I bet the car is in California...those guys are wierdos anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Feb 21 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #5

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 21 2009, 07:00 AM) *

the guy that offered him more money and sealed the deal with the "wheels are worth x and you're getting screwed" can have it. you know that's the play. sooner on the phone than after the drive to where ever. ps it's not a "runner". it's a "usta runner".(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think Kevin has hit it on the head.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 21 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I'd go anyway. Of Course I like a good toe to toe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) I'd guess once you start pealing off the green stamps he's going to help you load it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Feb 21 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #7

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) The argument could e a lotta fun.

However...

I'd turn around and go home.

Dude, you need a 12 step program anyway... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
zonedoubt
post Feb 21 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Canadian Member

Member No.: 696
Region Association: Canada

Shoulda left a deposit and got a receipt.
+Quote Post
LarryR
post Feb 21 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,604

15 x 6 have gone completely crazy. even the non deep 6's seem to be bringing
800 - 1000 these days and maybe 1500 ish for nicely restored wheels.

The deep 6 wheels are more like 2k (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I would tell him fine keep the wheels and give em 1k ...

Most cars are worth more in parts than the whole ... I figure this b/c when you try
to restore 1 you spend 2x what the car is worth on parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

It does suck that the guy backed up on a made deal though.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Feb 21 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #10

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744

Happened on Pelican over some 46 ida carbs,
guys says I am selling these cheap (admits it)
then a bunch of guys tell him thats too cheap ,So he raises the price another 500 and offers him to the person who talked to him on the phone and commited to buy.

Kevin I dont think anybody "offered more" I think jamie says he checked ebay;
He goes on to tell me he just checked ebay & the fuchs are worth $2000

Hell they were probably Reproductions
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Feb 21 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

No way, Jamie should go down there and hold the guy to his word. Jamie wasn't trying to screw him. Jamie simply told him a price he thought was fair and the guy agreed to it. So if the guy is a man of his word he will follow through on the deal. Go get em Jamie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Feb 21 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #12

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

How about when you call on an item, it is wide open available, so you drive x amount of time/miles (and the seller is well aware you are on your way) to find out when you get there that "oh this guy just showed up with cash and bought it, sorry" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 21 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #13

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

You said to much.
You should just ask for pictures and wait him out.
Never tell them what they have...or you get the exact response you got...they go on ebay are raise the price.

I make it point to never educate the seller. Its their responsability to do that, not mine.

Rich
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 21 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

I will ralk to him sometime today. I slept like shit because I am still fuming about it. When I talk to him I plan to just say you can keep the wheels. Just knock off another $200 & I'll be fine with that. Either way I think I am going to just say screw it. I have a line on a nice 74 2.0 I am going to check out tommorow anyway. Basically the same price, Painted & not missing anything. It doesn't run but it's a fuel issue the guy never figured out.

Just pissed as when I talked to him originally all was cool. Seemed like a stand up guy & going by what he told me about the car ti is sound. Most parts cars I buy are less than a grand. This has potential especially if there is no rust. I bet I'd get there & find the hell hole has issues he hasn't seen. Probably better off just walking away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Lousy fuccing people who's word don't mean shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

At least I'm not bitter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Feb 21 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #15

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 21 2009, 10:47 AM) *

You said to much.
Never tell them what they have...or you get the exact response you got...they go on ebay are raise the price.

I make it point to never educate the seller. Its their responsability to do that, not mine.

Rich

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Don't waste your time or effort. I make it a point to never do business with a PIA. It will only get worse, and you'll never feel good about the deal. The best deal can go to $hit with a PIA seller.

Walk away and enjoy your day.

+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Feb 21 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 10,019

I am having a hard time locating a good 2.0 project in the $2000 range. I am in southern california and have been looking everywhere. Two I was interested advertised a 2.0 motor and neither were not !!! I don't get that as people either don't know what they have or are being dishonest.

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 21 2009, 01:30 AM) *

Okay so I see an add for a 73 2.0 car. Basicaly a parts car as it is missing the doors. It's all primered & of course no rust. Supposedly runs but been parked a while. I've wanted to get another 73 2.0 to restore as it was my first 914. Anyway the guy wants a $1000 for it. He was going to try to get me some pics tommorow. After thinking about it I say I'll just come tommorow with $1000 in cash. Felt pretty comfortable after talking to him. He does say the fuchs are 5-lug. Of course I had to explain what fuchs are to him. Anyway I think to myself I guess they did a 5-lug swap on it. He tels me okay it's yours for the $1000. See you in the morning.

I get my trailer all loaded & decide to head a little south tonight. I catch a move with my brother & am going to crash at his place (that was the plan anyway). Buthead calls me back a little pissed. He says how much are the wheels worth. I know I can get more if I part it out. He goes on to tell me he just checked ebay & the fuchs are worth $2000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) . He then goes on to list what each part is worth (so he thinks). Engine $700 (okay so that is worth that) Transmission $700 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Tailights $150 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

No center console, Dash is cracked, seats are toast, no windshield. No rust which is definately a plus. I tell him the $1000 is a fair price especially since I am driving 4+ hours to come get it. Somehow he seems to think I am trying to screw him. Especially on the wheels. I tell him there is no way they are worth $2000. I am estimating they are 15x6 fuchs. I say he'd be lucky to get $600 for them. That would be in very good shape. Anyway I am little pissed at the prick. Just weird as his wife was the one to call me back after my movie. She says I sent him to bed because he had been drinking. Weirdest flippin night I've had in quite a while. Not even sure the deal is dead. Pretty positive I don't want to deal with the prick though. Like I need another 914 anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) Rant over now

+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Feb 21 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #17

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478

Hey gothspeed, I might have a 2.0 L motor for you if you are interested, PM me if you like.

Never been used. Rebuilt.
+Quote Post
craigvwdude
post Feb 21 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,051

Was that the car that was in the Redding area?
+Quote Post
bembry
post Feb 21 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(ericread @ Feb 21 2009, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 21 2009, 10:47 AM) *

You said to much.

Rich

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Don't waste your time or effort. I make it a point to never do business with a PIA. It will only get worse, and you'll never feel good about the deal. The best deal can go to $hit with a PIA seller.

Walk away and enjoy your day.

Agree 100%. Screw that guy--he's an Ass and trouble. Plenty of other 914s in CA for you.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 21 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #20

914 Guru

QUOTE(craigvwdude @ Feb 21 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Was that the car that was in the Redding area?

Yes that is the car. I luckily got ahold of him first. He was cool about me being first & having first shot. Of course that doesn't mean a whole heck of alot anymore. He had like 3 other guys interested. Oh well. I took my old man out golfing today & cussed like a sailor. I feel a little better now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:41 PM