Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V Day 20% off Auto Atlanta order, left hanging in the wind
johnnie5
post Feb 24 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #1

914 lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

So I decided to order a dash cover (fabric) from AA on Valentines Day @ 20% off. I placed the order and received a conformation email and all. So 10 days have gone by, and no cover. So I call over there and am told the item is backordered, and being that it is, the order was cancelled. I received no follow up email or any other info or attempt to be contacted other than the order conformation. Hmmmmmm....

I was even asked if I wanted to re-order the item at full price when I called them to see where my order was. Hmmmmmmm....

My reply was "no thanks", and I hung up - annoyed. I went directly to Evil Bay, and placed an order for half the price of the discounted rate, even after shipping.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Feb 24 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:54 PM) *

So I decided to order a dash cover (fabric) from AA on Valentines Day @ 20% off. I placed the order and received a conformation email and all. So 10 days have gone by, and no cover. So I call over there and am told the item is backordered, and being that it is, the order was cancelled. I received no follow up email or any other info or attempt to be contacted other than the order conformation. Hmmmmmm....

I was even asked if I wanted to re-order the item at full price when I called them to see where my order was. Hmmmmmmm....

My reply was "no thanks", and I hung up - annoyed. I went directly to Evil Bay, and placed an order for half the price of the discounted rate, even after shipping.

Yup no bull. If we did not have it the order was canceled. No trying to bait and switch, No call back offer at full price and free shipping, NOTHING. Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!! A great fun day for all and some good deals. Every body makes fuzzy dash covers some better than others. Glad you found a good deal
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 24 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #3

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Same news ... different day
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Feb 24 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Wouldn't most companies let the customer know they are back ordered and then honor the 20% off when it did get back in stock?

Canceling and order then telling the customer you can order at full price when it's in stock sounds so weird.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Feb 24 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Wouldn't most companies let the customer know they are back ordered and then honor the 20% off when it did get back in stock?

Canceling and order then telling the customer you can order at full price when it's in stock sounds so weird.

sure does. We usually never stock the fuzzy dash covers because no one orders them. Have a few of the old 924 44 examples in various colors but not a popular seller at ALL!!!!!! The rules were the rules all parts not in stock, order canceled. If someone called back and wanted the items, then we could order them for them but at full price. We tried hard to have something for everyone that day and filled orders quite well I must say. Someone though is ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Fun day though and PLENTY of stuff went out of here. No one could IMAGINE!!!!! EVERYONE is fixing up their 914s. Save a 914 not a whale!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Feb 24 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

by the way thank every one very much for your participation in the sale!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
736conver
post Feb 24 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 736

I was wondering when the first post was going to go up. It wasnt if...it was when.

I just got an email from parts america saying my part was out of stock. Simply customer service goes along ways.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 24 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #8

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:25 PM) *

Actually, George said in his promo thread that the promotion would NOT cover any back ordered items!
He even said that he was going to ignore those orders and cancel them.

Should have read the unusually large fine print ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Feb 24 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #9

914 lover

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 02:46 PM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM) *

sure does. We usually never stock the fuzzy dash covers because no one orders them. Have a few of the old 924 44 examples in various colors but not a popular seller at ALL!!!!!! The rules were the rules all parts not in stock, order canceled. If someone called back and wanted the items, then we could order them for them but at full price. We tried hard to have something for everyone that day and filled orders quite well I must say. Someone though is ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Fun day though and PLENTY of stuff went out of here. No one could IMAGINE!!!!! EVERYONE is fixing up their 914s. Save a 914 not a whale!!!!!!!

Thats all fine and good. That being the case, then you probably should not send an...... order...... conformation......

OR, offer to sell it to me after the fact at full price....

AND, if 'no one orders them', then WHY OFFER THEM FOR SALE?
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Feb 24 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #10

914 lover

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 03:18 PM) *

Actually, George said in his promo thread that the promotion would NOT cover any back ordered items!

I DID, and was fully aware of his disclaimer ~ BUT, when I got an 'ORDER CONFORMATION', it led me to believe that I was to expect my order. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif)
+Quote Post
ws91420
post Feb 24 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #11

Yes I have one a Lensley 914

From: Ruther Glen,VA (halfway between sticks and civilization)
Member No.: 1,137
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Okay did you order this online or talk to an actual person. If you ordered online the confirmation is more than likely automatic. So in a way do agree with you in that you should have been contacted if the part was backordered. Also the online site should have better way of knowing if something was in stock at AA. Dealing with a large parts inventory is bad enough w/o throwing in used and using drop ship to satisfy customer needs. Inventory can be a real bitch at times especially if it hasn't been accurate for a long time.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 24 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #12

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 06:18 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Dont rag on George for sticking to his very specific instructions.
He did nothing wrong, he wrote it down...go find the thread.

Rich
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 24 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #13

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 24 2009, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 06:18 PM) *

Dont rag on George for sticking to his very specific instructions.
He did nothing wrong, he wrote it down...go find the thread.

Rich

They have done this before with the same stipulations. My only complaint is you aren't told at the time you order that the item is not in stock. Other than that it is what it is.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 24 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #14

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:27 PM) *

I DID, and was fully aware of his disclaimer ~ BUT, when I got an 'ORDER CONFORMATION', it led me to believe that I was to expect my order. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif)

I understand your frustration with that, but my guess is the ordering process is at least somewhat automated. Even if you call in, my guess is (there's more guessing below!) once entered into the computer, a automated confirmation will go out.

After all, you *did* order something. So getting a confirmation was to be expected.

I know nothing about the AA ordering system, but (guessing again) it might be difficult to change the automated part for just a one day promotion ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Feb 24 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #15

Yo, this is how I roll

Member No.: 3,879

Having just ordered from AA for the first time myself, I was a little suprised by the lack of on-line frills that I have become accustom to. Their website is probably one of the worst I have seen and is something I would have expected 10 years ago, but not by today's standards. I received a confirmation that the order was placed, but no confirmation that it had shipped which is something else that most companies do these days which left me wondering when the items were going to show up.

With that said, my order was correct, came quickly, and they even sent it FedEx ground so it arrived on a Saturday which is very unusual.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 24 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #16

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

I am pissed at George too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I had no idea what parts I would need for the current 914 project I am doing until last night so I didn't get the 20% off either!

Seriously, George said no discount on backordered stuff. I read it in his thread and the only suprise to me is that HE DIDN"T HAVE IT! That boy could probably build a 914 from parts on his shelves!

I do agree with John though, if George put as much effort into the website as he just put into the catalog, there wouldn't be anyone who could touch him... I know web development is expensive though... At least up until now, I know some of those guys charged $1500/hour.

Thanks for doing the sale George! When are you going to Banner up here at 914World? You need to REPRESENT!
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Feb 24 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #17

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Yup no bull. If we did not have it the order was canceled. No trying to bait and switch, No call back offer at full price and free shipping, NOTHING. Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!! A great fun day for all and some good deals. Every body makes fuzzy dash covers some better than others. Glad you found a good deal

George,

Look, I've been a backer for years. Why, because youi have the cajones to try to keep this 914 thing going. Have I been stood up by you? Yes, but I learned to order things before I needed them. So, I remain a fan...but!

I work in retailing too. When we advertise something that doesn't show up from the supplier, we issue rain checks. Yep, sometimes we break even or lose when they do show up, but we keep our customers happy & coming back. They but more than they intended.

Call it good will. Keep it in mind.

To quote a budof mine - "screw me once & I won't be back". Think about it.
Pat
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 24 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #18

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

He put EVERYTHING in writing for US.

You got 20% off anything in-stock. Period. If it wasn't in-stock you're order would be cancelled - no shipment - no bill - no rain checks.

I know I got what I ordered, quickly shipped, and saved some coin.

T.C.
+Quote Post
kconway
post Feb 24 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,231

+1 Happy customer.
Thanks George.
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Feb 24 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #20

914 lover

I am a small business owner, who does not advertise. I rely on word of mouth by the professional job I do and the excellent customer service I provide.

I did understand the stipulations of the sale - perfectly. However, I am not a mind reader. The thing that was irritating to me, is that I was waiting for a part that was never to arrive. Weather it be a dash cover, a pair of heads, or a fucking widget - that is not the point.

It is my opinion if you order a part, it is the sellers responsibility to let the buyer know weather it has or has not and/or will not ship... no matter how big or small the company! Call it good business, customer service, whatever you want.

I have had my problems with this company before. Was I happy at first to know that they sell some parts that may not be available elsewhere? Yes. But EVERYTIME I have dealt with this company, I have gotten the short end of the BS stick. EVERY time I have spoken to someone on the other end of the line, I have been treated with contempt , at best, by some pretentious asshole who is positive his shit doesn't stink! In a customer driven business, your customers ARE your business. How about a little customer service?

The fact that it was JUST a dash cover is actually an EXCELLENT example! Will I ever buy a thing from this company again? When Hell freezes over!
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:48 PM