Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V Day 20% off Auto Atlanta order
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
johnnie5
So I decided to order a dash cover (fabric) from AA on Valentines Day @ 20% off. I placed the order and received a conformation email and all. So 10 days have gone by, and no cover. So I call over there and am told the item is backordered, and being that it is, the order was cancelled. I received no follow up email or any other info or attempt to be contacted other than the order conformation. Hmmmmmm....

I was even asked if I wanted to re-order the item at full price when I called them to see where my order was. Hmmmmmmm....

My reply was "no thanks", and I hung up - annoyed. I went directly to Evil Bay, and placed an order for half the price of the discounted rate, even after shipping.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:54 PM) *

So I decided to order a dash cover (fabric) from AA on Valentines Day @ 20% off. I placed the order and received a conformation email and all. So 10 days have gone by, and no cover. So I call over there and am told the item is backordered, and being that it is, the order was cancelled. I received no follow up email or any other info or attempt to be contacted other than the order conformation. Hmmmmmm....

I was even asked if I wanted to re-order the item at full price when I called them to see where my order was. Hmmmmmmm....

My reply was "no thanks", and I hung up - annoyed. I went directly to Evil Bay, and placed an order for half the price of the discounted rate, even after shipping.

Yup no bull. If we did not have it the order was canceled. No trying to bait and switch, No call back offer at full price and free shipping, NOTHING. Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!! A great fun day for all and some good deals. Every body makes fuzzy dash covers some better than others. Glad you found a good deal
SLITS
Same news ... different day
turboman808
Wouldn't most companies let the customer know they are back ordered and then honor the 20% off when it did get back in stock?

Canceling and order then telling the customer you can order at full price when it's in stock sounds so weird.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Wouldn't most companies let the customer know they are back ordered and then honor the 20% off when it did get back in stock?

Canceling and order then telling the customer you can order at full price when it's in stock sounds so weird.

sure does. We usually never stock the fuzzy dash covers because no one orders them. Have a few of the old 924 44 examples in various colors but not a popular seller at ALL!!!!!! The rules were the rules all parts not in stock, order canceled. If someone called back and wanted the items, then we could order them for them but at full price. We tried hard to have something for everyone that day and filled orders quite well I must say. Someone though is ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Fun day though and PLENTY of stuff went out of here. No one could IMAGINE!!!!! EVERYONE is fixing up their 914s. Save a 914 not a whale!!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
by the way thank every one very much for your participation in the sale!!!!!!!
736conver
I was wondering when the first post was going to go up. It wasnt if...it was when.

I just got an email from parts america saying my part was out of stock. Simply customer service goes along ways.
SirAndy
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:25 PM) *

Actually, George said in his promo thread that the promotion would NOT cover any back ordered items!
He even said that he was going to ignore those orders and cancel them.

Should have read the unusually large fine print ...
slap.gif Andy
johnnie5
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 02:46 PM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM) *

sure does. We usually never stock the fuzzy dash covers because no one orders them. Have a few of the old 924 44 examples in various colors but not a popular seller at ALL!!!!!! The rules were the rules all parts not in stock, order canceled. If someone called back and wanted the items, then we could order them for them but at full price. We tried hard to have something for everyone that day and filled orders quite well I must say. Someone though is ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Fun day though and PLENTY of stuff went out of here. No one could IMAGINE!!!!! EVERYONE is fixing up their 914s. Save a 914 not a whale!!!!!!!

Thats all fine and good. That being the case, then you probably should not send an...... order...... conformation......

OR, offer to sell it to me after the fact at full price....

AND, if 'no one orders them', then WHY OFFER THEM FOR SALE?
johnnie5
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 03:18 PM) *

Actually, George said in his promo thread that the promotion would NOT cover any back ordered items!

slap.gif Andy

I DID, and was fully aware of his disclaimer ~ BUT, when I got an 'ORDER CONFORMATION', it led me to believe that I was to expect my order. whack_3.gif
ws91420
Okay did you order this online or talk to an actual person. If you ordered online the confirmation is more than likely automatic. So in a way do agree with you in that you should have been contacted if the part was backordered. Also the online site should have better way of knowing if something was in stock at AA. Dealing with a large parts inventory is bad enough w/o throwing in used and using drop ship to satisfy customer needs. Inventory can be a real bitch at times especially if it hasn't been accurate for a long time.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 06:18 PM) *

slap.gif Andy

agree.gif
Dont rag on George for sticking to his very specific instructions.
He did nothing wrong, he wrote it down...go find the thread.

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 24 2009, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 06:18 PM) *

slap.gif Andy

agree.gif
Dont rag on George for sticking to his very specific instructions.
He did nothing wrong, he wrote it down...go find the thread.

Rich

agree.gif

They have done this before with the same stipulations. My only complaint is you aren't told at the time you order that the item is not in stock. Other than that it is what it is.
SirAndy
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:27 PM) *

I DID, and was fully aware of his disclaimer ~ BUT, when I got an 'ORDER CONFORMATION', it led me to believe that I was to expect my order. whack_3.gif

I understand your frustration with that, but my guess is the ordering process is at least somewhat automated. Even if you call in, my guess is (there's more guessing below!) once entered into the computer, a automated confirmation will go out.

After all, you *did* order something. So getting a confirmation was to be expected.

I know nothing about the AA ordering system, but (guessing again) it might be difficult to change the automated part for just a one day promotion ...

shades.gif Andy
jgara962
Having just ordered from AA for the first time myself, I was a little suprised by the lack of on-line frills that I have become accustom to. Their website is probably one of the worst I have seen and is something I would have expected 10 years ago, but not by today's standards. I received a confirmation that the order was placed, but no confirmation that it had shipped which is something else that most companies do these days which left me wondering when the items were going to show up.

With that said, my order was correct, came quickly, and they even sent it FedEx ground so it arrived on a Saturday which is very unusual.
ConeDodger
I am pissed at George too biggrin.gif I had no idea what parts I would need for the current 914 project I am doing until last night so I didn't get the 20% off either!

Seriously, George said no discount on backordered stuff. I read it in his thread and the only suprise to me is that HE DIDN"T HAVE IT! That boy could probably build a 914 from parts on his shelves!

I do agree with John though, if George put as much effort into the website as he just put into the catalog, there wouldn't be anyone who could touch him... I know web development is expensive though... At least up until now, I know some of those guys charged $1500/hour.

Thanks for doing the sale George! When are you going to Banner up here at 914World? You need to REPRESENT!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Yup no bull. If we did not have it the order was canceled. No trying to bait and switch, No call back offer at full price and free shipping, NOTHING. Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!! A great fun day for all and some good deals. Every body makes fuzzy dash covers some better than others. Glad you found a good deal

George,

Look, I've been a backer for years. Why, because youi have the cajones to try to keep this 914 thing going. Have I been stood up by you? Yes, but I learned to order things before I needed them. So, I remain a fan...but!

I work in retailing too. When we advertise something that doesn't show up from the supplier, we issue rain checks. Yep, sometimes we break even or lose when they do show up, but we keep our customers happy & coming back. They but more than they intended.

Call it good will. Keep it in mind.

To quote a budof mine - "screw me once & I won't be back". Think about it.
Pat
carr914
He put EVERYTHING in writing for US.

You got 20% off anything in-stock. Period. If it wasn't in-stock you're order would be cancelled - no shipment - no bill - no rain checks.

I know I got what I ordered, quickly shipped, and saved some coin.

T.C.
kconway
+1 Happy customer.
Thanks George.
johnnie5
I am a small business owner, who does not advertise. I rely on word of mouth by the professional job I do and the excellent customer service I provide.

I did understand the stipulations of the sale - perfectly. However, I am not a mind reader. The thing that was irritating to me, is that I was waiting for a part that was never to arrive. Weather it be a dash cover, a pair of heads, or a fucking widget - that is not the point.

It is my opinion if you order a part, it is the sellers responsibility to let the buyer know weather it has or has not and/or will not ship... no matter how big or small the company! Call it good business, customer service, whatever you want.

I have had my problems with this company before. Was I happy at first to know that they sell some parts that may not be available elsewhere? Yes. But EVERYTIME I have dealt with this company, I have gotten the short end of the BS stick. EVERY time I have spoken to someone on the other end of the line, I have been treated with contempt , at best, by some pretentious asshole who is positive his shit doesn't stink! In a customer driven business, your customers ARE your business. How about a little customer service?

The fact that it was JUST a dash cover is actually an EXCELLENT example! Will I ever buy a thing from this company again? When Hell freezes over!
biosurfer1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 02:03 PM) *

Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!!

Why would any business have a sale, voluntarily, to lose money? sure they "might" pick up a new customer or two (or apparently lose a couple) but losing "a lot of money" to get a few customers seems counter intuitive confused24.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 24 2009, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2009, 02:03 PM) *

Blew out plenty of parts that saturday and lost a lot of money on the Genuine parts!!!!!!

Why would any business have a sale, voluntarily, to lose money? sure they "might" pick up a new customer or two (or apparently lose a couple) but losing "a lot of money" to get a few customers seems counter intuitive confused24.gif

It seems to me this company gets top dollar for thier parts, and then some. So even at 20% off, I'm sure it was still a banner day for Automobile Atlanta. Lost money, I sincerely doubt it.

I AM typically a loyal customer actually - but nobody looks out for me, except me.
DBCooper
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2009, 04:32 PM) *

After all, you *did* order something. So getting a confirmation was to be expected.
shades.gif Andy

The order confirmation was consummation of a contract, it was AA's signature on a contract. Before they sent the order confirmation the fine print was in place. But mistake or not, once AA sent the confirmation then there were two parties in agreement, they had a contract, and AA was obligated to do what they'd confirmed they'd do, which was to fill the order at the price on the confirmation.

That's the bottom line. Any lawyer would tell you that AA would lose that one in court if it came to that, which of course it never will. But getting away with it isn't the same as being right. If you agree to do something you need to do it. If not then your word means nothing, and your company gets the reputation of being shady. Sound familiar?
mojorisen914
Well, I want to put my .02 worth in.
George does have one hell of a catolog. I usually spend a little time each day looking thru the PDF file to see if there is anything I need/want. When I do find something to order; I call in and order it. The thing that used to bug me was; when I odered it, I was never told they didn't have it and so I would expect it to be at the house waiting on me when I came home for vacation. That only happenned once because after I got home last year and the parts weren't there and was told they were back ordered; I made it a point to 1. plan ahead and 2. I ALWAYS ask the person on the phone if the part was instock.
Now, as many people know, I'm over here in the sandbox. I plan ahead so I have the part for when I come back to the states for a vacation (3 times a year). So you can understand how important it is to me to have the part waiting at the house for when I arrive.
I don't blame George for this. I totally understand the costs associated to have parts on the shelf for a long period of time and not being sold. It's called overhead and it's tough right now in this economy.
Now, I'll add some gas to the fire: George, where is my free T-shirt that was supposed to be in a prior order? I never got it...

Disclaimer: "Remember; opinions are like ass-holes. Everybody has one".
zonedoubt
I haven't received a confirmation of what is or isn't in stock. I haven't received my order. I haven't been informed when my order will ship. Going on 10 days now... confused24.gif
PeeGreen 914
DB is right on the legal aspect but George seems to live in his own legal world dry.gif . The cataloge sure is nice but when there is a price in there and you call to order something that he has in stock only to find he wants more for it sucks. Especially when he says "it's the last one I have" and then you see a post three weeks later where he tells a guy he has 7 on the shelf now. confused24.gif

George has done well for us as a collector and conservationist. Just sad he isn't really much of a good honest businessman sad.gif

AA could kick ass if he really wanted it to but it looks like it is just a hobby for George and that's cool if it is. beerchug.gif
ericread
I have to smile a bit when I see these posts. biggrin.gif

So George created a really well designed catalog in 2007. I don't know of anyone that disputes this. And I know from experience that in 2007, George sold his items at the catalog prices. But now it is 2009 and we have all experienced the volatility of 914 parts pricing throughout the market. How many years do you expect a catalog to reflect current pricing? Or do you believe a catalog should reflect current pricing in perpetuity? Go take a look at a 1970 JC Penney catalog and ask if they will honor those process. I don't think so.

As for the AA Internet store, I think we can all agree it's a royal PIA. I NEVER use it. When it's time to order a part I call AA directly and speak to their order department. (I'm actually surprised that anybody uses their on-line ordering function - it's a mess!!!)

Now then, George had a sale. In his sale advertising, he announced very clearly that the sale was for in-stock items only, and if you ordered a part that turned out to be not in stock, the order would be cancelled. It appears in several cases this exact issue occurred. So what's the problem?

It appears that you may have missed getting a discount because George didn't have the item in stock. That was the terms that were agreed upon going into the sale.

Did you call George and ask him if he could help him out? Or did you just post your rant here? The few times I've felt bad about an AA transaction, I have spoken to George directly. And each time he's made good on his (and AA's) word.

Anyway, that's my $.02...

popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
My deal was a matter of weeks after the catalog came out. When we called George on it he told the guy that was ordering the part that maybe he shouldn't buy from there. We were told it ws his last 914-6-VW-PORSCHE badge and he wanted 175 when he had it listed for 145 in the cataloge. Then but a few weeks after I received mine he tells another member on the board he has 7 sitting on the shelf. Like I said before: he is a great conservationist and collector but not a good or honest businessman. If it wasn't for me trading for this badge with the guy buying it I would never have bought from George. We have too many guys here in th NW who have are fed up with his business. I just think it is sad when he has all that he does and his reputation is so poor. When I got into 914s some of the people who know much about 914s told me of all the places to shop for our little cars with the warning of staying away from AA. Sad sad.gif . Just wish it was all run better. That's all.
6freak
I dont have .02 cents i spent it AA....Im still waiting for parts ..... headbang.gif
DBCooper
A company has to honor the order confirmations they send out. That's fundamental. And fulfilling their word only when you call and press them? How is that a good thing? And how many times have you had to do that?

Outdated pricing in the catalog is no excuse. All automotive suppliers print catalogs AND price lists. The catalogs are nice, expensive, change only when they change products. The price lists have no detail, are printed cheaply in volume, on cheap paper, and get upgraded periodically or whenever prices change significantly. AA could do that, or it would be easy enough for them to keep an updated price list on the web, which would avoid the constant haggling and misunderstandings that are otherwise inevitable. It would be so simple to resolve, but they haven't. Do you suppose they just LIKE to haggle?

And while anyone's in the mood to defend George, I'm curious. Why do you think that "AA Sucks" posts appear so regularly? Not just here but in every 914 forum. Even George noticed, sensitive guy that he is, and told us he'd do something about it. But they still keep appearing, and they've been exactly the same complaints forever. Could there be some reason for that? What's the thread, the single thing they all have in common?

And why isn't there bitching about other suppliers, why is it always AA? Do people just pick on them? Arbitrarily? Why would they do that? No other suppliers are picked on in the same way. So the others must all be doing something different. What would that be?

If he had treated people right George would have had a gold mine. He doesn't. His own fault.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Feb 25 2009, 11:19 AM) *

And while anyone's in the mood to defend George, I'm curious. Why do you think that "AA Sucks" posts appear so regularly?

Mob mentality? It is the fashion?

I have had the same problems that people complain about with AA from the Pelican and Automotion. I just deal directly with them and not throw mud here...

I am looking at the catalog. "all prices subject to change without notice" (page 5).
That isn't dishonesty, that is just a common catalog policy.

The fact remains, George announced the sale and stated "in stock items".

The only bitch anyone has is that because order confirmation was auto-sent, they don't know if they are getting their parts or not... I'd call that a glitch. What do you want him to do? hari kari?

Inventory is like a bank account. George made us a deal at 20% off everything in order to kick the cash flow up a notch. That is just my guess as I cannot know why George runs his business the way he does. But, bottom line - lots of people got lots of parts at 20% off....
Lavanaut
Guys. Come on. If you can't live with the rules of the game don't play, it's as simple as that. If George hadn't sent you a confirmation email I get the feeling you'd be bitching about that in here too.

Had I ordered parts during the big sale, I'd have picked up the phone by now to find out if the order went through or not...after all, I knew there was a possibility it would be cancelled!

I mightn't always side with AA, but in this case I do.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(ericread @ Feb 25 2009, 10:34 AM) *

. How many years do you expect a catalog to reflect current pricing? Or do you believe a catalog should reflect current pricing in perpetuity? Go take a look at a 1970 JC Penney catalog and ask if they will honor those process. I don't think so.

but JC Penny's WILL honor their prices for any given catalog until the next catalog comes out

I understand its hard work to put out a catalog, let alone every year, but that has to be factored in when deciding whether to put one out in the first place.

A catalog with prices that may or may not be right on products that may or may not be in stock is a worthless piece of garbage to me.
6freak
I only order on the phone.I like talking with the folks first hand..They made it seem like all the parts a bought and paid for where on the shelf and being shipped next day....Not the case ...But to resolve that all they have to do is say so or call or send e-mail ...simple fix" costumer happy " dont make me call you and ask about my parts !.........costumer service is all im asking for ...My time is worth as much as theres ....I hope it changes i dont wanna go else where but i will
DBCooper
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 25 2009, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Feb 25 2009, 11:19 AM) *

And while anyone's in the mood to defend George, I'm curious. Why do you think that "AA Sucks" posts appear so regularly?

Mob mentality? It is the fashion?

Call it whatever you prefer. Since every story on every board for years and years is pretty much the same, but always different people telling those stories, is there any other conceivable explanation?

I guess you do need to concede AA some credit for consistency, though. Well done, George! biggrin.gif .
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Feb 25 2009, 11:48 AM) *

Guys. Come on. If you can't live with the rules of the game don't play, it's as simple as that. If George hadn't sent you a confirmation email I get the feeling you'd be bitching about that in here too.

Had I ordered parts during the big sale, I'd have picked up the phone by now to find out if the order went through or not...after all, I knew there was a possibility it would be cancelled!

I mightn't always side with AA, but in this case I do.

I think the confusion is in that he was emailed a confirmation that the order went through. I can see calling if I got nothing, but if I have an email saying the order went through, why would I think otherwise?

If I called to make sure the confirmation was correct, then who would I call to make sure the guy who confirmed the donfirmation was correct, and so on, etc.

I suppose I would have had someone checking every order that day making sure the item was in stock. If not, the customer would get an email or phone call stating their order would be cancelled.... PITA? sure, but thats the cost of customer service if the company decides to have a sale with such stipulations.

all IMHO of course biggrin.gif
SUNAB914
I got my previous order twice, still waiting on the 20% off order. I will send back the extra items I got. 1 out of 4 orders are incorrect.
I have used AA since 1985, yes sometimes orders get messed up, but they have always fixed it.
I wan't to thank george for cutting the price for us on V-day, I saved some cash, like all of us. I hope he will consider doing it again soon! But I don't blame him if he doesn't.
I hope they don't close their doors because AA has been the only place sometimes to find the hard parts.
We don't drive a VW, so we have to shop around for the best prices sometimes. new parts are not common.
I have 2 914's and a 928, so I know what pain is when you need those parts today.
He stated in his ad the rules! Give him a break!
Semper Fi
Lavanaut
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 25 2009, 11:50 AM) *

A catalog with prices that may or may not be right on products that may or may not be in stock is a worthless piece of garbage to me.

C'mon now bio, you know you turned those pages like it was your latest copy of Plumper Grannies Brazilian Plumper Grannies...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Feb 24 2009, 06:05 PM) *

Having just ordered from AA for the first time myself, I was a little suprised by the lack of on-line frills that I have become accustom to. Their website is probably one of the worst I have seen and is something I would have expected 10 years ago, but not by today's standards. I received a confirmation that the order was placed, but no confirmation that it had shipped which is something else that most companies do these days which left me wondering when the items were going to show up.

With that said, my order was correct, came quickly, and they even sent it FedEx ground so it arrived on a Saturday which is very unusual.

we have the new one ready to go just loading many many color accessories right now, issue After that everyone will be amazed. And yes the website has been suffering.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yup you hit it on the money. It is my passion for the 914 and perserving the marque that is most important to me. I feel like the father of all 914s having lent them out to many foster homes where many are abused, and their owners abusers, and that makes me sad.
It is my passion that keeps the 914 on the road and our business flowing, now in its 31st year. No one thinking right would have a business selling 914 parts these days nor making so many parts for them......that is just crazy. Passion drives many men and I would put my passion against anyone in this club and win every time.
Rag me as you will, I am 56 years old and have made a GREAT living selling my passion and many many parts. I am not a lay down step and fetch it, I profess my passion and if anyone does not like it WAY too bad. I also believe in honesty and morality and live and breathe it every day and do not have ANY police record except for maybe a few speeding tickets!!!!!!!!!
If I am a character that you cannot stand, so be it. I am in 914s for life, many of YOU come and go. Criticize as you may, I am the king of the 914s and have the parts the cars the knowledge and the passion to back it up. The only thing that I would change about this business if I could would be to find some fellow passionate 914 people to have as employees who realize that when we want the parts for our cars we want them now with the right tech advice and someone on the other end of the line who just understands!!! I am that guy here for you and I want to talk to every one of you personally and will NEVER not be on the phone every day and NEVER not be in the middle of another 914 restoration (and I LOVE driving my new Ford mid engined GT)!

QUOTE('Feb 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM' post='1137960')

DB is right on the legal aspect but George seems to live in his own legal world dry.gif . The cataloge sure is nice but when there is a price in there and you call to order something that he has in stock only to find he wants more for it sucks. Especially when he says "it's the last one I have" and then you see a post three weeks later where he tells a guy he has 7 on the shelf now. confused24.gif

George has done well for us as a collector and conservationist. Just sad he isn't really much of a good honest businessman sad.gif

AA could kick ass if he really wanted it to but it looks like it is just a hobby for George and that's cool if it is. beerchug.gif
736conver
If I am a character that you cannot stand, so be it. I am in 914s for life, many of YOU come and go. Criticize as you may, I am the king of the 914s and have the parts the cars the knowledge and the passion to back it up.

Makes me want to place an order dry.gif

Shouldnt matter if its a one time customer or a 30 year customer. You should treat your customers like you would want to be treated. Not left hanging.

ellisor3
As with most disputes, this is clearly nothing more than a communication issue. Responsibilityshould be taken on both sides. George should change his confirmation to stipulate that the parts may or may not be in stock call the 800 number to verify status and ship time. And everyone should understand the deal on the sale. It was pretty simple. The only other answer is not to take web orders during sales.

I have ordered parts from AA as well with not always knowing where or when the parts were to arrive. I simply pick up the phone and get an answer. Sometimes within and sometimes outside of George's control. I have accepted what some would consider sub-par service in the parts department because of the eagerness of George and his staff to help solve issues and provide great advice. I dropped about $16k at AA over the past 8 months in parts and repairs so I have been on both sides of the aisle.

Simple communication would have solved the issue, let's all go have a beerchug.gif and bitch about something we can actually do something about, like the economy or who wins American Idol. bootyshake.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Feb 25 2009, 01:48 PM) *

As with most disputes, this is clearly nothing more than a communication issue. Responsibilityshould be taken on both sides. George should change his confirmation to stipulate that the parts may or may not be in stock call the 800 number to verify status and ship time. And everyone should understand the deal on the sale. It was pretty simple. The only other answer is not to take web orders during sales.

I have ordered parts from AA as well with not always knowing where or when the parts were to arrive. I simply pick up the phone and get an answer. Sometimes within and sometimes outside of George's control. I have accepted what some would consider sub-par service in the parts department because of the eagerness of George and his staff to help solve issues and provide great advice. I dropped about $16k at AA over the past 8 months in parts and repairs so I have been on both sides of the aisle.

Simple communication would have solved the issue, let's all go have a beerchug.gif and bitch about something we can actually do something about, like the economy or who wins American Idol. bootyshake.gif

I all ready said all this just not so many words ..... slap.gif
Scott S
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 25 2009, 01:50 PM) *

Yup you hit it on the money. It is my passion for the 914 and perserving the marque that is most important to me. I feel like the father of all 914s having lent them out to many foster homes where many are abused, and their owners abusers, and that makes me sad.
It is my passion that keeps the 914 on the road and our business flowing, now in its 31st year. No one thinking right would have a business selling 914 parts these days nor making so many parts for them......that is just crazy. Passion drives many men and I would put my passion against anyone in this club and win every time.
Rag me as you will, I am 56 years old and have made a GREAT living selling my passion and many many parts. I am not a lay down step and fetch it, I profess my passion and if anyone does not like it WAY too bad. I also believe in honesty and morality and live and breathe it every day and do not have ANY police record except for maybe a few speeding tickets!!!!!!!!!
If I am a character that you cannot stand, so be it. I am in 914s for life, many of YOU come and go. Criticize as you may, I am the king of the 914s and have the parts the cars the knowledge and the passion to back it up. The only thing that I would change about this business if I could would be to find some fellow passionate 914 people to have as employees who realize that when we want the parts for our cars we want them now with the right tech advice and someone on the other end of the line who just understands!!! I am that guy here for you and I want to talk to every one of you personally and will NEVER not be on the phone every day and NEVER not be in the middle of another 914 restoration (and I LOVE driving my new Ford mid engined GT)!

[

Ah... there you are.. that self rightous prick I spoke to on the phone probably 10 years ago. Every time I even think about ordering from you, something like this comes out. As far as this particular situation, I could see both sides - no big deal. Then you had to go and be who your are.
As far as making a "great" living, the amount of money you have left on the table is staggering.

Thanks for the quote your highness. I will read it (and forward it) any time I find myself (or anyone else) thinking of giving you a chance. What a little, little man...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup I do consider myself the king of the 914, and the jester dedicating my life to the car Scott. At least you are man enough to put your name on your comments. Good for you. My little claim to fame in the world, yet it is really nothing, but obviously it affected you so good for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are taking good care of one of my 914s.

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Feb 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 25 2009, 01:50 PM) *

[

Ah... there you are.. that self rightous prick I spoke to on the phone probably 10 years ago. Every time I even think about ordering from you, something like this comes out. As far as this particular situation, I could see both sides - no big deal. Then you had to go and be who your are.
As far as making a "great" living, the amount of money you have left on the table is staggering.

Thanks for the quote your highness. I will read it (and forward it) any time I find myself (or anyone else) thinking of giving you a chance. What a little, little man...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am right here ready to take it simply call right now 1 800 792 4944!

QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 25 2009, 02:15 PM) *

If I am a character that you cannot stand, so be it. I am in 914s for life, many of YOU come and go. Criticize as you may, I am the king of the 914s and have the parts the cars the knowledge and the passion to back it up.

Shouldnt matter if its a one time customer or a 30 year customer. You should treat your customers like you would want to be treated. Not left hanging.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 25 2009, 02:15 PM) *

AMEN brother!!!!

Actually I treat everyone BETTER than I treat myself because I am very HARD on myself I have great compassion for my fellow human being including those who like to call others names.
736conver
No more complaing from me some story everytime with this cat.
There are plenty of other vendors out there. We can give them the business and not be treated like this.

GPR New owner...miss you Dave. sad.gif
Pelican Parts......awesome customer service.
Sunset imports......great prices on factory parts. Cheaper then AA and they are a Porsche dealer
Eagle Day
Pap-parts
HPH
car-parts.com good for junkyard parts.
Anyone of the various world pac dealers.
Of course Ebay.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
And we make a better rear panel than anyone in the market and have the passed on licensing to do it! Bought the company!
944 914 even the 911 rear reflective panel. VERY very nice stuff. Sour grapes HUH?

We also have the GOOD release mechanisms for the 914 update, and recently Chad even has created a clear rear update to match the clear italian lenses we had made.

The market needs many more 914 pieces. If you call me personally I could suggest something that you could make and then we could buy it from you. Seem to have a lot of time on your hands to waste it making rear update lenses (which personally I HATE!!!!!!!)

QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 25 2009, 03:56 PM) *

No more complaing from me some story everytime with this cat.
There are plenty of other vendors out there. We can give them the business and not be treated like this.

GPR New owner...miss you Dave. sad.gif
Pelican Parts......awesome customer service.
Sunset imports......great prices on factory parts. Cheaper then AA and they are a Porsche dealer
Eagle Day
Pap-parts
HPH
car-parts.com good for junkyard parts.
Anyone of the various world pac dealers.
Of course Ebay.

Scott S
wow. my first use of the "ignor" function. feels goooooooooood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.