Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Easy Questions..., SSt HE's and Stock Front Sway Bars
19144jt
post Feb 25 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,829

Hello evryone, It's been a while since I've been to this site. My 1975 I have had that needs restoration finally has a new home in my new detached garage. I have spent the last two weeks going through the many $$$$ worth of new and used parts I've been collecting for restoration. I have two questions:

1. When we talk about stainless heat exchangers are we talking about only the outer cover (heat exchanger portion) or the exhaust pipe portion where the exhause goes through too? I have 2 sets of the heat exchanger sections of the exhuast and the covers where the heated air is produced for the cabin are satinless but the exhause pipes that are under these covers are plain steel.
2. Were there different sizes of front sway bars from the factory or just the 15mm?

Thanks, John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 25 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

#1.) I think they were made both ways. A magnet is your friend to find out what the metal is. I have a set that are SS, but the flanges are magnetic. Go figure.

#2.) 15 mm is the standard as far as I've seen. There were some 19mm bars, but I believe they came on 911s.

+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Feb 25 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #3

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Group: Members
Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

My SS heat exchangers were Stainless Steel headers and covers. If they are used and look burned they will look like they are steel. Use a magnet.
There several size front sway bars. 15 mm are the stock 914 bars.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:44 PM