Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easy Questions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
19144jt
Hello evryone, It's been a while since I've been to this site. My 1975 I have had that needs restoration finally has a new home in my new detached garage. I have spent the last two weeks going through the many $$$$ worth of new and used parts I've been collecting for restoration. I have two questions:

1. When we talk about stainless heat exchangers are we talking about only the outer cover (heat exchanger portion) or the exhaust pipe portion where the exhause goes through too? I have 2 sets of the heat exchanger sections of the exhuast and the covers where the heated air is produced for the cabin are satinless but the exhause pipes that are under these covers are plain steel.
2. Were there different sizes of front sway bars from the factory or just the 15mm?

Thanks, John
SLITS
#1.) I think they were made both ways. A magnet is your friend to find out what the metal is. I have a set that are SS, but the flanges are magnetic. Go figure.

#2.) 15 mm is the standard as far as I've seen. There were some 19mm bars, but I believe they came on 911s.

JoeSharp
My SS heat exchangers were Stainless Steel headers and covers. If they are used and look burned they will look like they are steel. Use a magnet.
There several size front sway bars. 15 mm are the stock 914 bars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.