Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New seals or just replace my master Cylinder?, Pretty new but leaking like a sieve.
JRust
post Feb 26 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Here is the story. I replaced my brake Master Cylinder last year with a 19mm. Worked great but started leaking badly in september. I was a little busy so I took it to a buddies shop to replace the seals & figure out what happened. It was leaking where the feed tubes come in from the top. He had it 2 days & said he was having trouble getting new seals. He told me he swiped some off a used car he had & all was well. I pick it up after hours & he says no charge. I have done some work with him & given him some deals on parts. So I say thanks. I then go on the falling leaf tour. My brake lights were stuck on all day. My pedal got a little on the mushy side as the day progressed.

Fast forward to now. My brake fluid reservoir is empty. I refill it only to have it all leak out on the floor under my car. It takes a bit of sitting before it leaks out. I ordered replacement seals for my current MC. Any tricks to replacing them? I also bought another new 19mm master cylinder just in case. Should I just install the new one & not worry about my old one (which has maybe 1000 miles on it)? Also the brake light being stuck on was an issue before although I fixed it. Now I can't remember how. Seems like I had to pull the plug on the side of the master cylinder with the wires on it. That reset everything & then the light worked as it should.

Once I do either any tricks to reseating the feed tubes properly? Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:59 PM