Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Original Complaint, You all have too much time on your hands
Stevel8
post Mar 1 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 10,115
Region Association: None

I am an unbiased party. I do not own a 914 nor do I own a Porsche. I am a friend of the guy that made the original post. After 10 pages of absolute dribble, let's review the case:

Johnny orders an item from AA (a form fitted fabric dash cover). The day he places his order on-line there is a 20% off sale. Johnny gets an order confirmation. Then AA charges Johnny's CC for the sale of a fuzzy dash. Johnny doesn't get his order. Johnny calls AA to find out if his order has shipped and instead he discovers that his item is not in stock and that his order is canceled.

I like to judge favorably. I would like to say that Johnny didn't get ripped off, but the reality is Johnny was taken advantage of. I would like to give the benefit of doubt to AA and say this was not done on purpose, but was the result of a business not running 100%. The purpose of these forums is to alert customers to bogus business transactions. What I have learned from this thread is if I want to order a product from AA, I can not trust their e-mail confirmation. Instead, I need to be proactive and call them to see the status of my order. Even better, I wouldn't place the order over the internet, I would do it by phone. To reiterate what other people have posted, this had nothing to do with a 20% sale, it had to do with charging a customer for a product that the customer would never receive. By itself, that sounds a bit shady, wouldn't you agree?

Regarding the "I am King" comment, I happen to love humility and hate arrogance. To each his own. However, you are not going to win friends and influence people by bragging you are king. I am afraid that George opened himself for criticism by putting that out there. Conedodger, if you are going to stick up for George and say he was just kidding, you should change your name to buttlicker.

Lastly, I believe you all have way too much time on your hands. Go and enjoy this beautiful Sunday.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 1 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Closed and banned ...

Calling members "Buttlicker" is not a welcome introduction ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 1 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 1 2009, 02:18 PM) *

Closed and banned ...

Calling members "Buttlicker" is not a welcome introduction ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Name-calling is not okay, and when you're new it's really really not okay. Some people will never learn that you can have the most intelligent argument in the world, but if you throw in a elementary school comment like 'buttlicker' and you've just lost any credibility you might have had. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Sheesh.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 05:16 PM