Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Holy cow I worked on my 914, Replaced my MC, bled the brakes & changed my oil
JRust
post Mar 1 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Amazingly enough I finally worked on my 914-8. Creamsicle has gotten the attention the last few months. Now that it is off to the painters I have room & only one 914 in my garage again. So I decided to fix my brake leak issue. It was leaking out the top of my MC . It was a fairly new MC but the gromlets were not doing so hot. I'd say it was the dipshit who installed them but I know him well & don't want to offend myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) . Anyway I figured I'd give it another shot. So I replaced it with a new 19mm. Once I had everything in place I got my son to come down & help me thru the bleeding process. I also changed my oil & fixed my brake pedal switch. My tailights were stuck on all the time. Was just the switch being misaligned.

So I decided it was time even though it was raining to go for a nice drive. Took it out for a good hour & a half of twisty backroads. Man it was nice to drive it again. I may even take it to work tommorow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) . The 2 problems I have now are. My dash brake light is stuck on. I belive that is something with the MC but I don't remember how to reset the thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .

2nd my new renegade radiator is awesome. The fans come on when engine temps hit 190. I think my engine may be running a tad hotter than that though. Gage may be off by 10 degrees. I'd like to change my fans to kick on at 180 instead. Anyone know the trick?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:23 PM