Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy cow I worked on my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Amazingly enough I finally worked on my 914-8. Creamsicle has gotten the attention the last few months. Now that it is off to the painters I have room & only one 914 in my garage again. So I decided to fix my brake leak issue. It was leaking out the top of my MC . It was a fairly new MC but the gromlets were not doing so hot. I'd say it was the dipshit who installed them but I know him well & don't want to offend myself lol-2.gif . Anyway I figured I'd give it another shot. So I replaced it with a new 19mm. Once I had everything in place I got my son to come down & help me thru the bleeding process. I also changed my oil & fixed my brake pedal switch. My tailights were stuck on all the time. Was just the switch being misaligned.

So I decided it was time even though it was raining to go for a nice drive. Took it out for a good hour & a half of twisty backroads. Man it was nice to drive it again. I may even take it to work tommorow driving.gif . The 2 problems I have now are. My dash brake light is stuck on. I belive that is something with the MC but I don't remember how to reset the thing confused24.gif .

2nd my new renegade radiator is awesome. The fans come on when engine temps hit 190. I think my engine may be running a tad hotter than that though. Gage may be off by 10 degrees. I'd like to change my fans to kick on at 180 instead. Anyone know the trick?
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 1 2009, 05:57 PM) *

My tailights were stuck on all the time. Was just the switch being misaligned.
biggrin.gif
The 2 problems I have now are. My dash brake light is stuck on. I belive that is something with the MC but I don't remember how to reset the thing confused24.gif .

Jamie, some MC have a reset button. My guess is the brown wire that goes to the little switch under your emergency brake is grounding somewhere, come loose or the switch is bad.

2nd my new renegade radiator is awesome. The fans come on when engine temps hit 190. I think my engine may be running a tad hotter than that though. Gage may be off by 10 degrees. I'd like to change my fans to kick on at 180 instead. Anyone know the trick?

Put a piece of tape over your gauge remarking 190 to 180... happy11.gif Jamie,
don't mess with sucess.
ConeDodger
Jamie,
I think it depends on the year of the car. Some have a reset switch. If I could walk stairs right now I would check my FSM and see...

I sent Nicho down to get it and I don't see anything about a reset switch in the FSM. I do recall something though...
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 1 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Jamie,
I think it depends on the year of the car. Some have a reset switch. If I could walk stairs right now I would check my FSM and see...

My replacement Master Cylinder doesn't have a reset switch. Seemed like you pulled the 19mm blot with the platic center that holds the sending unit. Can't remember though I know I had it happen once before
davesprinkle
Jamie, you need to reset the pressure switch on the mastercylinder. Push in the little rubber, ahem, tit between the contacts of the switch. That'll do it.
JRust
I could swear that didn't work last time. I'll get back under there this week sometime & get it reset. I'm not to worried as it is just that stupid light on the dash.
Dr. Roger
is the light blinking?
JRust
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Mar 2 2009, 12:21 AM) *

is the light blinking?

Not blinking just solid
underthetire
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 2 2009, 12:36 PM) *

is the light blinking?

Not blinking just solid

Thats just the cars way of telling you your driving to fast ! chair.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 2 2009, 12:52 PM) *

is the light blinking?

Not blinking just solid

BTW, got the new seat in yet ?
JRust
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 2 2009, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 2 2009, 12:52 PM) *

is the light blinking?

Not blinking just solid

BTW, got the new seat in yet ?

Yes I got it in & love it! Got a good hour & A half of seat time biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sweet Jamie piratenanner.gif You will have to roll up here sometime... Maybe for an AX
driving.gif
Cheapsnake
Way to go Jamie. Glad to hear the performance is making you smile. I'm still collecting parts for my Buick/Rover project and hope to be putting the fun stuff together in the next month or so so stand by for a bunch of dumb questions.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.