Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 Exhaust Questions
J P Stein
post Mar 4 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #21

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 4 2009, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 4 2009, 07:13 PM) *

My motor is tuned for mid range grunt. Jon knows what type of balance tube muffler I run......it's not an accident. It may give up some top end vs stingers....big deal. Ya'll listen to your gurus, I'll listen to mine.

There's really only one guru I will really be listening to as he is the engine man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) . However, it may be fun to see what I see.

Is that the same one that Leeds took his car to have the engine rebuilt/tuned....down in Portland?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 4 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #22

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

No, he is a fellow teener and someone I trust more than anyone when it comes to engine building. I was going to build my engine myself but he convinced me it would be better if he did it. I am sure it is going to be awesome and he knows I want to beat Eric Fry this year with my little 2.4l (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Then there is the shootout (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) The engine will be sweet when done. Then I just need to get use to the extra power. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 4 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 4 2009, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 4 2009, 06:35 PM) *

Why do you use that hanger T.C.? Can't you just use the stock hanger?

I suppose you could use a stock hanger. That would attach at the connection point between the headers & Megas. But the Megas hang out the back quite a bit and this hanger really has a grip on them.

T.C.

Yeah, that's what big bolts are for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I need to find a set and see what the dyno says before I really worry about the other hanger then. Now to find someone who has an extra set sitting around. I'm broke (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) I can always trade stuff:D
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Mar 4 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #24

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 4 2009, 07:33 PM) *

No, he is a fellow teener and someone I trust more than anyone when it comes to engine building. I was going to build my engine myself but he convinced me it would be better if he did it. I am sure it is going to be awesome and he knows I want to beat Eric Fry this year with my little 2.4l (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Then there is the shootout (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) The engine will be sweet when done. Then I just need to get use to the extra power. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

One of the main reasons Eric is fast (other than his driving) at AX is because his 150ish hp 2.7L has mid range grunt. AX is NOT about top end. How much time do you spend at 7K rpms? The other Jeff is good, tho. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 4 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #25

The other Jeff? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Yes, my engine is designed for AX. It should be a mid torque monster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:06 PM