Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Bilstein Struts
hencar
post Mar 5 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,097

Hello there,

Several months ago, I bought a set of new Bilstein struts for my 914 race car project. No this is not a Koni' strut, the previous owner had painted them red. Yeah, I know, go figure. There is green paint showing beneath the red paint and there is a Porsche 914 part number stamped on the housing.

As you can see from the photograph, the strut is incomplete and I need to know if anyone has an exploded drawing of the 914 Bilstein Strut so I can determine what I need to complete them. A source for the needed parts would also be appreciated.

I have several sets of Boge struts in my shop, but none of the parts seem to fit the Bilsteins including the pinch bolts. Also do you know if the Bilstein struts require a different set of bearings than a Boge? I noticed on the Elephant racing web site last night that they sell a bearing kit for the Bilsteins????? Is the spindle larger on the Bilsteins?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Henry
hcarraro@hughes.net

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hencar
post Mar 8 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,097

Just a quick post to say that my mystery has been solved. Here is what Brad Roberts had to say:

"What you have is a pretty rare 914 Bilstein. These are for 4 lug (you do understand this correct?)

I do not see that your are missing anything. It takes stock 4cyl 4 lug bearings from 73-76. It will accept the stock taper pin (not the bolt) These were an option on the 73-74 2.0's (part of the S option) that never really flew here in the USA, but the struts where available."

I was trying to complicate things. The struts are now ready to go on the car tomorrow.

Henry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 10:55 AM