Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big question for a small part
computers4kids
post Mar 11 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

I removed my aftermarket steering wheel and have a MOMO and 8002 adapter on the way. I don't seem to have a circlip on my steering shaft....how important is it? I presume I must have lost it when I replaced the bearing last time. If needed, will the ones at the hardware store work? Thanks

Here is a picture (not mine...but close enoug)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1615-1201744207.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
charliew
post Mar 11 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I put the clip back on and the wheel wouldn't go all the way down far enough so I am not using it.

Sorry I went back and saw where you must mean the clip that holds the bearing in. I also noticed that you are using a vw bearing sleeve. On my 75 the metal bearing sleeve wasn't tight enough to keep the shaft from wiggling so I had to use the nylon factory sleeve as it is thicker.
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Mar 11 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 11 2009, 07:59 AM) *

I put the clip back on and the wheel wouldn't go all the way down far enough so I am not using it.

Sorry I went back and saw where you must mean the clip that holds the bearing in. I also noticed that you are using a vw bearing sleeve. On my 75 the metal bearing sleeve wasn't tight enough to keep the shaft from wiggling so I had to use the nylon factory sleeve as it is thicker.

Actually, I do have the bearing clip, it's the clip closest to the steering wheel itself I was referring to. My adapter arrived today but no directions in the box. However, there is a not in the box that says "Warning" "Do not install without reading the instruction manual" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) ...must be made in china.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 11:52 AM