Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big question for a small part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I removed my aftermarket steering wheel and have a MOMO and 8002 adapter on the way. I don't seem to have a circlip on my steering shaft....how important is it? I presume I must have lost it when I replaced the bearing last time. If needed, will the ones at the hardware store work? Thanks

Here is a picture (not mine...but close enoug)
IPB Image
charliew
I put the clip back on and the wheel wouldn't go all the way down far enough so I am not using it.

Sorry I went back and saw where you must mean the clip that holds the bearing in. I also noticed that you are using a vw bearing sleeve. On my 75 the metal bearing sleeve wasn't tight enough to keep the shaft from wiggling so I had to use the nylon factory sleeve as it is thicker.
computers4kids
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 11 2009, 07:59 AM) *

I put the clip back on and the wheel wouldn't go all the way down far enough so I am not using it.

Sorry I went back and saw where you must mean the clip that holds the bearing in. I also noticed that you are using a vw bearing sleeve. On my 75 the metal bearing sleeve wasn't tight enough to keep the shaft from wiggling so I had to use the nylon factory sleeve as it is thicker.

Actually, I do have the bearing clip, it's the clip closest to the steering wheel itself I was referring to. My adapter arrived today but no directions in the box. However, there is a not in the box that says "Warning" "Do not install without reading the instruction manual" lol-2.gif ...must be made in china.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.