Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New member and owner seeks advice and encouragement, my 1974 914 2.0
stepuptotheMike
post Mar 25 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #21

medium pimpin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

Woohoo, another one in South Carolina... looks like a nice car. Where abouts are you?

Welcome to the site.

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bicycleboy58
post Mar 25 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,201

QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Mar 25 2009, 03:36 PM) *

Woohoo, another one in South Carolina... looks like a nice car. Where abouts are you?

Welcome to the site.

Mike

Boiling Spring, SC
Tryon, NC

i think it is like an hour from charlotte
+Quote Post
messix
post Mar 25 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #23

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

efi = electronic fuel injection.

the hell hole is the dark place by the battery tray way down in there towards the front of the car, meets up to the fire wall to the passenger compartment. water gets on battery mixes with battery acid and runs down the tray to the hell hole and rots out the metal. poke around down there with a pointed object [ice pick thin screw driver some thing like that,]

nice car by the looks of so far.

looks like the drivers seat might need some love. just chack all the maintenance stuff and then work on the pretty stuff. these cars can have some good sounding sound systems with out to much effort.

search threads for subs from morph, or check the vendors threads . morph makes so get replacement 6.5 speaker pods and sub woofer eclosure that fits in the passeger foot well [it replaces a molded foam block behind the carpet] that will fit a 8" sub that gives lots of sub.

the sky is the limit on mods that you can do. lots of cars here have mild to wild mods.

oh and

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
messix
post Mar 25 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #24

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada

and you'll find out that your gonna be hang out on line with a bunch of old farts your dads age or older.

you better pay that car off before he finds out how much fun it is and about all us guys his age that are having so much fun with these cars on here. you'll never get it away from him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
bicycleboy58
post Mar 25 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 25 2009, 04:09 PM) *

and you'll find out that your gonna be hang out on line with a bunch of old farts your dads age or older.

you better pay that car off before he finds out how much fun it is and about all us guys his age that are having so much fun with these cars on here. you'll never get it away from him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

you should hear the bantering that is going back and forth. "My friends say i should keep it, im too generous with you" , " Man thats a good lookin car, i should keep it for myself' , " if i sell you this car what are you going to have to look forward to" and such.
I will definately heed your advice about buying it fast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Mar 25 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #26

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bicycleboy58 @ Mar 25 2009, 05:25 PM) *

you should hear the bantering that is going back and forth. "My friends say i should keep it, im too generous with you" , " Man thats a good lookin car, i should keep it for myself' , " if i sell you this car what are you going to have to look forward to" and such.
I will definately heed your advice about buying it fast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bicycleboy58
post Mar 25 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 25 2009, 04:06 PM) *

looks like the drivers seat might need some love.

If your referring to the upper outer corner of the driver's seat, it is just rust on the hand brake.
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Mar 25 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #28

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Damn, I wish mine looked that good when I bought it. I'm in almost the same situation as you, building one up, going to Univ. in a few months, etc.

Just be glad your Dad isn't a Porsche-phile.
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Mar 25 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #29

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) It's really not worth that much...I'll give you $500 and come pick it up just to be kind and take it off your hands. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Have miles and miles of fun in case you don't decide to sell! Bill
+Quote Post
orange914
post Mar 25 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #30

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 25 2009, 05:09 PM) *

you'll never get it away from him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

messix is right, his mom & i just hijacked kenny's 73 to help him pay off his subaru dd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) last time he and a friend had it out there were a couple of girls chasing him down on the freeway with a cardboard sign posting their phone number. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
very nice 914, take care of it!

mike
+Quote Post
Slick914
post Mar 25 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 7,802

Very nice looking car man! I bet you're stoked! Looks like a really nice paint job.

As far as inexpensive mods, the car already has some. The top is painted to match the car, the mirrors are painted, it has Euro spec taillights, aftermarket steering wheel, aftermarket shift knob, and the added badge on the hood. Some things you could do that doesn't cost a whole lot... Maybe a different steering wheel, vinyl side decals are available, stereo, Porsche reflector for between the taillights, different valances, etc. If it were my car, I'd maybe get a steering wheel that matches the car a little more and drive the piss out of it. Really, car looks great as is man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Mar 25 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #32

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Slick914 @ Mar 25 2009, 07:38 PM) *

Very nice looking car man! I bet you're stoked! Maybe a different steering wheel,

if ya' want to sell the steering wheel, p.m. me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

like everyone says go drive and enjoy it. and a good addition if it doesn't aleady have it is a front sway bar.

mike

p.s. you may want to somehow pull the sound deadner/insulation away from your engine fan, it looks like it may be restricting air flow...
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Mar 25 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Very nice looking car! I agree with everyone that says just drive the hell out of it! These cars were made for fun...let it be that!
I would not change too much on it. Make sure you have a front sway bar and make sure your rear brakes are working! (I drove mine for a year before figuring out my rears weren't operational)

Glad to see a younger person (I am a whopping 35y/o)...show interest in the 914! It is a great car...and a lot better than an MG (I had a 71 Midget). Most important, the 914 community is awesome, the more 914 owners you come in contact with, the more you will like them (except SLITS) as well as the car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Welcome!!!!
+Quote Post
messix
post Mar 25 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #34

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 25 2009, 09:19 PM) *

Very nice looking car! I agree with everyone that says just drive the hell out of it! These cars were made for fun...let it be that!
I would not change too much on it. Make sure you have a front sway bar and make sure your rear brakes are working! (I drove mine for a year before figuring out my rears weren't operational)

Glad to see a younger person (I am a whopping 35y/o)...show interest in the 914! It is a great car...and a lot better than an MG (I had a 71 Midget). Most important, the 914 community is awesome, the more 914 owners you come in contact with, the more you will like them (except SLITS) as well as the car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Welcome!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) slits is an Asshat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Mar 25 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 9,867

First off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
Car looks great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) You definitely came to the right place for support, info, help, and advice. Im still waiting for my first 914 to come may way and i am amped to get one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 25 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #36

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

White... '74... LE maybe? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nice score and keep posting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bicycleboy58
post Mar 26 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #37

where can i find the VIN number?
+Quote Post
SUNAB914
post Mar 26 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 9,880

Very nice car! Save your money, you'll need it for all the chicks waiting to go out with you. Chicks dig 914's, especially college ones. Don't let your buddies borrow it...
I'm a few hours from you, but you have some great guys very near by.
+Quote Post
benalishhero
post Mar 26 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 8,384
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(bicycleboy58 @ Mar 26 2009, 06:53 AM) *

where can i find the VIN number?

Driver's door jam, lower left windshield plate. I think a stamp in the rear trunk.
+Quote Post
benalishhero
post Mar 26 2009, 06:13 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 8,384
Region Association: North East States

Ya, I second the "don't let your friends borrow it".

They will grind the reverse gear trying to find 1st (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:42 PM