Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> FS: 914-6 Conversion Parts
a914guy
post Mar 25 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #1

914 Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Six conversions have become a core element of modification activity throughout the 914 community. It's a great performance improvement with 150, 200 or even 300 HP reliable engines and a huge character change for this mid-engine roadster.

I've enjoyed my 3.0L conversion since 1995 and I have come to know a great number of 914ers like myself who have done the six conversions and are extremely happy with the result.

If you need any of the pieces to do the project, advice or someone to rationalize that changing a perfectly good car is a good idea, please email or call. I'll be happy to pass on my perspective.

The items below are the common pieces I can provide to help with your 914-6 conversion project.

1. 914-6 Engine conversion mounts allow you to hang your flat six in the 914-4 chassis. Weather it's a 2.0L a 3.6L or any variation in between there is a kit that will make it fit perfectly. Nearly 1500 of these kits have been successfully used in projects here and in Europe. You have probably seen a conversion project detailed in Excellence or Pano where they have installed this kit.

Attached Image

The basic kit is $225.00, add the installation hardware and 911 mounts and the kit totals $300.00.

2. The installation also requires a new set of engine sheet metal. This set is a high quality, yet economical solution to solve that need.

Attached Image

The five piece OE style set is 385.00.

3. Accelerator linkage solutions like the factory six setup are also available. You will need to change your 914-4 linkage for the 911 engine weather it has Weber carbs., MFI CIS or DME fuel injection.

Attached Image

The basic kit price is $250.00 and the complete DME kit is $350.00.

4. If you don't have a factory 914-6 oil cooler the 911 oil cooler will need a Metric or AN modification to avoid interference with the 914s inner rear trailing arm mount.

Attached Image

The metric modification done on an exchange basis is $175.00. Complete oil coolers with the metric mod. are available for $375.00.

5. There are a number of oil supply solutions. I like the stock tank configuration on street and dual purpose cars and prefer the OE tank.

Attached Image

The new Porsche 914-6 oil tanks are $$$. Please contact me for cost details.

Let me know how I can help. Weather it's a component or a complete package. Feel free to email me at a914guy@aol.com or call 214-478-9418 (cell).

I'm Proud To Be A 914 Driver!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:40 AM