Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Conversion Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
a914guy
Six conversions have become a core element of modification activity throughout the 914 community. It's a great performance improvement with 150, 200 or even 300 HP reliable engines and a huge character change for this mid-engine roadster.

I've enjoyed my 3.0L conversion since 1995 and I have come to know a great number of 914ers like myself who have done the six conversions and are extremely happy with the result.

If you need any of the pieces to do the project, advice or someone to rationalize that changing a perfectly good car is a good idea, please email or call. I'll be happy to pass on my perspective.

The items below are the common pieces I can provide to help with your 914-6 conversion project.

1. 914-6 Engine conversion mounts allow you to hang your flat six in the 914-4 chassis. Weather it's a 2.0L a 3.6L or any variation in between there is a kit that will make it fit perfectly. Nearly 1500 of these kits have been successfully used in projects here and in Europe. You have probably seen a conversion project detailed in Excellence or Pano where they have installed this kit.

Click to view attachment

The basic kit is $225.00, add the installation hardware and 911 mounts and the kit totals $300.00.

2. The installation also requires a new set of engine sheet metal. This set is a high quality, yet economical solution to solve that need.

Click to view attachment

The five piece OE style set is 385.00.

3. Accelerator linkage solutions like the factory six setup are also available. You will need to change your 914-4 linkage for the 911 engine weather it has Weber carbs., MFI CIS or DME fuel injection.

Click to view attachment

The basic kit price is $250.00 and the complete DME kit is $350.00.

4. If you don't have a factory 914-6 oil cooler the 911 oil cooler will need a Metric or AN modification to avoid interference with the 914s inner rear trailing arm mount.

Click to view attachment

The metric modification done on an exchange basis is $175.00. Complete oil coolers with the metric mod. are available for $375.00.

5. There are a number of oil supply solutions. I like the stock tank configuration on street and dual purpose cars and prefer the OE tank.

Click to view attachment

The new Porsche 914-6 oil tanks are $$$. Please contact me for cost details.

Let me know how I can help. Weather it's a component or a complete package. Feel free to email me at a914guy@aol.com or call 214-478-9418 (cell).

I'm Proud To Be A 914 Driver!

PeeGreen 914
Great products... I can't wait to get my linkage on my car piratenanner.gif
LarryR
Hey Rich,

I have the mount in my car. I need one of your on engine oil coolers! I can send the cooler from the engine.
I ended up going 3.2 instead of 3.6.

Larry
LarryR
Oh yea, I picked up one of your throttle linkage kits but need the dme .... what can I do?
a914guy
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 25 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Jon - The final touches on your kit is underway.
a914guy
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 25 2009, 09:31 PM) *

Hey Rich,

I have the mount in my car. I need one of your on engine oil coolers! I can send the cooler from the engine.
I ended up going 3.2 instead of 3.6.

Larry

Hi Larry,

We need to verify the linkage rod length and if you could send me the accelerator block from the engine for a small mod. you'll be set.

Click to view attachment

I'm a big fan of the 3.2L as a conversion engine choice. Depending on the engine (US vs ROW), you'll have 200 - 230 HP and great drivability.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(a914guy @ Mar 26 2009, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 25 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Jon - The final touches on your kit is underway.

aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.