Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pics of my 914 I picked up today.
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #161

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ws91420 @ Apr 3 2009, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(JWest @ Apr 3 2009, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 2 2009, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(JWest @ Apr 2 2009, 10:49 AM) *

The tach is a 930 (911 turbo) tach that was converted to a fuel gauge instead of a boost gauge. I do not know if the tach is set up for 4 or 6 cylinder, the owner had a bunch of projects going on...

R u talking about the white one in the center console JWest? If so I did notice that their r no wires for it at all.

No, the big center gauge. FYI it is worth a lot of money - that is why people are asking you for dibs if you decide not to use it.

Thanks. No I will be using it. I am still wondering what the white gauge is in the center console. If anyone knows what is. Here is a pic of it.

Air fuel ratio for use with an O2 sensor mounted in exhaust.

Ah I c. Thanks. Im pretty sure I dont have an O2 sensor in my exhaust.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Apr 3 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #162

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

And in case anyone gets any strange ideas I lay claim to any of the parts he doesn't want or wants to trade (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) James is my brother-in-law (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

James West, just want to say thanks for helping him get this and your advice since he is a long ways away from me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #163

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 4 2009, 12:08 AM) *

And in case anyone gets any strange ideas I lay claim to any of the parts he doesn't want or wants to trade (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) James is my brother-in-law (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

James West, just want to say thanks for helping him get this and your advice since he is a long ways away from me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I agree and concur with both statements by Jon Bovey...Signed by James Campbell (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) What else am I supposed to do...he's freaking sending me a momo steering to borrow or maybe more than that...hint hint Jonny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Tahnk you very much James West. Maybe once I get the car running, drivable and looking better we could meet up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Apr 3 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #164

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I have a friend in OKC that I bought one of my cars from. He has a LOT of 914 parts and is a super nice guy. Let me know if you want me to make an intrduction. He lives in Edmond.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #165

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:18 AM) *

I have a friend in OKC that I bought one of my cars from. He has a LOT of 914 parts and is a super nice guy. Let me know if you want me to make an intrduction. He lives in Edmond.

I would like that definitely. Tomorrow or Sunday I could meet him. All next week though I will be in Vegas at Nellis AFB doing my job for the Air Force. Quite excited. Heading to sin city! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Apr 3 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #166

on ramp passer

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:20 AM) *

I would like that definitely. Tomorrow or Sunday I could meet him. All next week though I will be in Vegas at Nellis AFB doing my job for the Air Force. Quite excited. Heading to sin city! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

I will give him a call tomorrow. I need to inform him about Talimena anyway so he can get his six out and blow the dust out of it.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #167

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:22 AM) *

I will give him a call tomorrow. I need to inform him about Talimena anyway so he can get his six out and blow the dust out of it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Thanks, that would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Im guessing he isn't on 914world?
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Apr 3 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #168

on ramp passer

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:24 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Thanks, that would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Im guessing he isn't on 914world?

No, I think he stays too busy. Poor guy lives down in a hole and finally just got high speed internet through satellite. Previous to that was dial up, not hardly worth it.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #169

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:26 AM) *

No, I think he stays too busy. Poor guy lives down in a hole and finally just got high speed internet through satellite. Previous to that was dial up, not hardly worth it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I see. Well I will definitely look forward to meeting him. You can give him my phone number n he can call me tomorrow. Prefferably before 5ish cuz I got something going on than. I will pm you my number. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) What I really need right now is the two fuel tunnel lines cuz one was broke before I bought the car and than I broke the other one taking it out of the freaking front trunk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Apr 4 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #170

Member No.: 897
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:26 AM) *

Does your friend live on an airstrip and have a hanger in his backyard?
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 4 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #171

So it's a beautiful day in Oklahoma City right now, about 70 dgrees or so and I have been out since 8am working on my teener. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Here is what I accomplished so far.
I replaced the tunnel lines-I went and got some fuel lines to run through em until I have the money to get the stainless steel ones from Tangerine Racing Products. I am hopeing to get those beginning of May.
I also put the drivers seat back in and also the seat belt clip.
I also dropped off my battery at AutoZone for them to do a slow charge on it and that should be done by tomorrow. Hopefully the battery is still usable. I'm worried that since the car has been sitting for a year n a half or so that the battery is shot. Hope not cuz that would suck
I am planning on finishing up all the connections for the fuel lines today. Have to connect the fuel tank, expansion tank, gas cap, charcoal filter, fuel pump, fuel filter, ect...
I also need to put the air cleaner back on.
So I am hoping that tomorrow I can start up the engine. Hopefully it will start up without a hitch and run well also.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
jasons
post Apr 4 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #172

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 4 2009, 11:52 AM) *

I replaced the tunnel lines-I went and got some fuel lines to run through em until I have the money to get the stainless steel ones from Tangerine Racing Products. I am hopeing to get those beginning of May.

Did you get line rated for FI fuel pressure? If not you may have made your car less safe. That might matter where your fuel pump is though..... Mine is relocated to the front trunk, so the tunnel line is pressurized to FI Pressure. If yours is in the engine bay, it might be fine. Not sure about that. Anything after the pump should be FI line I would think.

I also dropped off my battery at AutoZone for them to do a slow charge on it and that should be done by tomorrow. Hopefully the battery is still usable. I'm worried that since the car has been sitting for a year n a half or so that the battery is shot. Hope not cuz that would suck

My bet is your battery is F'd.

So I am hoping that tomorrow I can start up the engine. Hopefully it will start up without a hitch and run well also.

My current 2.0 has djet. It sat for like 4 years before I bought it. I put a battery in it and it fired. It leaked fuel everywhere but it ran. Djet works good, when it works good.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 4 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #173

QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 4 2009, 02:08 PM) *

Did you get line rated for FI fuel pressure? If not you may have made your car less safe. That might matter where your fuel pump is though..... Mine is relocated to the trunk, so the tunnel line is pressurized to FI Pressure. If yours is in the engine bay, it might be fine. Not sure about that. Anything after the pump should be FI line though.

My bet is your battery is F'd.

My current 2.0 has djet. It sat for like 4 years before I bought it. I put a battery in it and it fired. It leaked fuel everywhere but it ran. Djet works good, when it works good.

My pump is in the engine bay so they should be fine. The lines say 50 psi on em so I'm positive they will be fine. Im pretty sure my batt is f'ed also but hopefully not. I hope it fires up good.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 5 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #174

Update: My battery is f'ed so their goes trying to start the engine today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Oh well. Going to be in Vegas tomorrow afternoon so their goes a full week of not working on the teener (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
So I need a new battery and I still need to figure out how I should start up my engine since it's been sitting for roughly 2 years. I need to figure out if their is anything special I need to do before trying to crank her up. As in prime her and if so how would I do that? Help please.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:21 PM