Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RE:stolen 914 on ebay, legal ownership is in doubt
DMVWATCHDOG
post Apr 9 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,252
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 9 2009, 08:22 AM) *

I seem to recall some kind of controversy involving a 914 snatched by parking authority while the owner was out of the country, held in a towing yard until it was auctioned. This King person was trying to sell it on EBay when the owner who had reported it stolen on his return from abroad discovered it there. Lots of drama...

Not sure who this DMVWATCHDOG is though... Seems to me, having dealt with CA DMV that if there was a DMVWATCHDOG it would be barking all the time.

As for there being no honest people living in Oakland, Andy lives there along with several other members here. Lots of very good people in Oakland.

With my legal background,I am a bloodhound when it comes to Buttwipes like King to set me on the hunt for blood!!! The GREEN KIND$$$$ RUFF RUFF
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Apr 9 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #22

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

Oh good! I hope Aaron gets his car back.

That's a nice looking 928. =o) Thanks for sharing pictures.

Since you might be in the market for a new car now... that you had to give up the other one:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=20

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) pick one up! stick around awhile.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #23

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

You mean Aaron the world traveler did not get his car back yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I read that whole thread. It was locked down in July 2007. What ever happened?
+Quote Post
DMVWATCHDOG
post Apr 9 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 9 2009, 10:01 PM) *

You mean Aaron the world traveler did not get his car back yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I read that whole thread. It was locked down in July 2007. What ever happened?

The person in possesion of this car needs to do the right thing, as the penalties are very severe, and he knows that the vehicle was stolen, and fraudulently titled

California penal code reads as follows

This was taken from the 2008(current)California Vehicle code book, and can be viewed at this link http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/appndxa/p...o/penco496d.htm

Penal Code
496d. (a) Every person who buys or receives any motor vehicle, as defined in Section 415 of the Vehicle Code, any trailer, as defined in Section 630 of the Vehicle Code, any special construction equipment, as defined in Section 565 of the Vehicle Code, or any vessel, as defined in Section 21 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, that has been stolen or that has been obtained in any manner constituting theft or extortion, knowing the property to be stolen or obtained, or who conceals, sells, withholds, or aids in concealing, selling, or withholding any motor vehicle, trailer, special construction equipment, or vessel from the owner, knowing the property to be so stolen or obtained, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months or two or three years or a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or both, or by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year or a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or both.

((IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) For the purposes of this section, the terms "special construction equipment" and "vessel" are limited to motorized vehicles and vessels.

(Added Sec. 1, Ch. 710, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.)
This is excellent news for Aaron
also trying to charge $2000 for the return constitutes extortion and has its own severe penalties, and prison sentences
The person that has his car needs to return it to avoid these penalties! Aaron can also Freeze and suspend the registration, and title to prevent any attempt to sell it to get out of these fines, and penalties
D
+Quote Post
DMVWATCHDOG
post Apr 10 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 9 2009, 08:05 PM) *

Since you might be in the market for a new car now... that you had to give up the other one:

Ill Stay with my 928 for now, what I need is a 4X4 midsize suv for towing my boats, Thanks for the link, if didnt need 4X4, I would def be interested, as for sticking arround, I plan to, as I work on all porsche models in my limited spare time(I own and operate a marine repair shop, and website) I am in the middle of reupholstering the leather interior of my 928.
+Quote Post
Wanna9146
post Apr 10 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 8,595
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 9 2009, 06:55 PM) *
With my legal background,I am a bloodhound when it comes to Buttwipes like King to set me on the hunt for blood!!! The GREEN KIND$$$$ RUFF RUFF

Your "legal background"? What...you were in jail? I thought one needed to spell correctly and compose logical thoughts/sentences to be admitted to law school.

And furthermore, why are you e-mailing/PM'ing ME a copy of the CA PENAL CODE SECTION 496d. (sale of stolen vehicles)?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Do you know something I don't know?
+Quote Post
DMVWATCHDOG
post Apr 11 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Apr 10 2009, 01:16 PM) *

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 9 2009, 06:55 PM) *

Your "legal background"? What...you were in jail? I thought one needed to spell correctly and compose logical thoughts/sentences to be admitted to law school.

And furthermore, why are you e-mailing/PM'ing ME a copy of the CA PENAL CODE SECTION 496d. (sale of stolen vehicles)?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Do you know something I don't know?

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!
Jail, No,
Law school, No,
Vehicle Recovery, Yes, for 20+ years, and the poor spelling works to get people to talk. I just got the admission of guilt that Aaron needed via email, from the one that has his car, admiting he knows it was stolen. It is still on an active hotsheet in Oakland Ca, all Aaron needs to do now is file criminal carges against the one that has his car, I have sent him the info needed to get it back, either voluntarily, which would save the person who has it a lot of legal problems, and felony charges, or through the criminal justice system. The fact that he is trying to sell it, or will return for money, just adds to his list of problems, as it now become extortion as well. If he sells it now, he also adds to the charges stacking up against him, Trafficking in stolen property. If the person who has it now bought it off Ebay, He is covered for his finacial loss, IF he does the right thing.
I didnt do this one for Aaron, and have no contract with him(Call it a gift, as his loss was the key I needed), I just came across it in my work , recovering losses for several clients victimized by King Oruruo, The penal code email was the bait, sent to 3 suspects, to flush out the admission I needed.Sorry if it startled you. My work here on this site is done. Thanks to all who replied, as you have helped 32 victims, + Aaron.
D
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Apr 11 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #28

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Very interesting thread. Definitely a change of pace. Makes you realize how boring it usually is around here. Six vs. four? Oprah stuff. Stolen cars, now that's real world.

I get this sense of deja vu... this is 914WORLD, right?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 11 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #29

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

As for there being no honest people living in Oakland, Andy lives there along with several other members here. Lots of very good people in Oakland.

Sorry if it sounded like I was blasting all of Oakland and not just the crooks. And Andy is a super guy with whom I have spoken in the past. I know there are good people in Oakland too; unfortunately, it is the bad ones that give the city its reputation and cause businesses to run for the hills.

I did state that I know there are honest people there too didn't I? Remember? ...heads down, sleeping in their bathtubs at night....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 11 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #30

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 10 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Ill Stay with my 928 for now, what I need is a 4X4 midsize suv for towing my boats, Thanks for the link, if didnt need 4X4, I would def be interested, as for sticking arround, I plan to, as I work on all porsche models in my limited spare time(I own and operate a marine repair shop, and website) I am in the middle of reupholstering the leather interior of my 928.

And the shop name and website link is....?
+Quote Post
Danny_Ocean
post Apr 11 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 7,846

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 11 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I just got the admission of guilt that Aaron needed via email, from the one that has his car, admiting he knows it was stolen. It is still on an active hotsheet in Oakland Ca, all Aaron needs to do now is file criminal carges against the one that has his car, I have sent him the info needed to get it back, either voluntarily, which would save the person who has it a lot of legal problems, and felony charges, or through the criminal justice system.

OMG, you are a dummy.

Everyone else: Here's what BJ (Boy Jenius) did to track down one of the "suspects"... (apparently ME! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ).

He reads the old thread on this matter:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...20ebay&st=0

And stumbles upon post # 51:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=918224

In that post, I quoted "Smokey" and posted a pic of someone reading "Hooked on Phonics" to poke fun at Smokey for his poor spelling/grammar.

So, BJ (Boy Jenius DMVWATCHDOG) reads the post AND ASSUMES THE QUOTED SECTION ARE MY WORDS! He doesn't understand the quotes are from a previous post (by Smokey) which I attached by clicking "quote" in my reply.

He sends me an e-mail of the CA Penal Code re: car theft (nothing else, just the code summary). I reply "WTF?", to which he states I'm a "suspect". So, just to bait the 'tard further, of course I admit to everything... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Now he's going to get a "supena" for my e-mail records and report me to the authorities unless I cough up the car...LOL.

God, it doesn't get much better than this. You can't buy better entertainment.

And furthermore...don't dismiss my warning DMVWATCHDOG...if you post any identifying information on me, I will own you, your home (most likely a trailer), your boat business, your websites, your car (err...it's a 928? Nevermind...I'll let you keep that) and I might even take your dog as part of the settlement! Unfortunately, I can't attach your disability payments from the State, but if I could, I would.

Me -> (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) <-You

P.S. - Did your Mom correct your spelling/grammar in your last post? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Apr 11 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #32

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Apr 9 2009, 02:55 PM) *

Sorry if I am re/opening a can of worms.

I think we need a trainwreck emoticon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
RJMII
post Apr 11 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #33

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

QUOTE(Danny_Ocean @ Apr 11 2009, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 11 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I just got the admission of guilt that Aaron needed via email, from the one that has his car, admiting he knows it was stolen. It is still on an active hotsheet in Oakland Ca, all Aaron needs to do now is file criminal carges against the one that has his car, I have sent him the info needed to get it back, either voluntarily, which would save the person who has it a lot of legal problems, and felony charges, or through the criminal justice system.

OMG, you are a dummy.

Everyone else: Here's what BJ (Boy Jenius) did to track down one of the "suspects"... (apparently ME! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ).

He reads the old thread on this matter:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...20ebay&st=0

And stumbles upon post # 51:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=918224

In that post, I quoted "Smokey" and posted a pic of someone reading "Hooked on Phonics" to poke fun at Smokey for his poor spelling/grammar.

So, BJ (Boy Jenius DMVWATCHDOG) reads the post AND ASSUMES THE QUOTED SECTION ARE MY WORDS! He doesn't understand that the quotes are from a previous post (by Smokey) and I attached it by clicking "quote".

He sends me an e-mail of the penal code re: car theft. I reply "WTF?" He says I'm a "suspect". So, just to bait the 'tard further, of course I admit to everything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Now he's going to get a "supena" for my e-mail records...LOL.

God, it doesn't get much better than this. You can't buy better entertainment.

And furthermore...don't dismiss my warning DMVWATCHDOG...if you post any identifying information on me, I will own you, your home (most likely a trailer), your boat business, your websites, your car (err...it's a 928? Nevermind...I'll let you keep that) and I might even take your dog as part of the settlement! Unfortunately, I can't attach your disability payments from the State, but if I could, I would.

Me -> (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) <-You

P.S. - Did your Mom correct your spelling/grammar in your last post? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

So you'd rather be a smart ass because 'BJ' (as you call him) sent a PM to you saying you were suspect; than to help him out by pointing out what was up, and help Aaron get his car back?
You attack Smokey in the other thread, and now you attack someone that is trying to get the car back from whomever Smokey sold it to... just because they misread a post? Are you just out to attack everyone?
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Apr 11 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #34

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 11 2009, 06:21 AM) *

Sorry if it sounded like I was blasting all of Oakland and not just the crooks. And Andy is a super guy with whom I have spoken in the past. I know there are good people in Oakland too; unfortunately, it is the bad ones that give the city its reputation and cause businesses to run for the hills.

I did state that I know there are honest people there too didn't I? Remember? ...heads down, sleeping in their bathtubs at night....

There are no honest people living in Oakland (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Apr 11 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #35

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

This thread is better than the twighlight zone. Much better than the original! So who is this anonomous DMVWatcher? Somone needs to find out who this guy is? When somone accuses a 914world members of illegal activity they should at least be identified?

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Apr 11 2009, 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 11 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 11 2009, 06:24 AM) *

QUOTE(DMVWATCHDOG @ Apr 10 2009, 12:07 AM) *

AND??????????
+Quote Post
Danny_Ocean
post Apr 11 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 11 2009, 01:18 PM) *
So you'd rather be a smart ass because 'BJ' (as you call him) sent a PM to you saying you were suspect; than to help him out by pointing out what was up, and help Aaron get his car back?
You attack Smokey in the other thread, and now you attack someone that is trying to get the car back from whomever Smokey sold it to... just because they misread a post? Are you just out to attack everyone?

Yes. Guess you don't know me very well. I tend to react violently when I'm accused of car theft by a mo-mo who can't even read.
+Quote Post
Danny_Ocean
post Apr 11 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 11 2009, 01:27 PM) *
So who is this anonomous DMVWatcher? Somone needs to find out who this guy is? When somone accuses a 914world members of illegal activity they should at least be identified?

I have his name, address and both phone numbers, website and two different e-mails. Working on his DOB/SSN now.

If anyone wants/needs this info, feel free to PM me.

Oh...and I found all this out without a "supena"... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 11 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(Danny_Ocean @ Apr 11 2009, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 11 2009, 01:27 PM) *
So who is this anonomous DMVWatcher? Somone needs to find out who this guy is? When somone accuses a 914world members of illegal activity they should at least be identified?

I have his name, address and both phone numbers, website and two different e-mails. Working on his DOB/SSN now.

If anyone wants/needs this info, feel free to PM me.

Oh...and I found all this out without a "supena"... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Post em.....
+Quote Post
Danny_Ocean
post Apr 11 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 11 2009, 01:31 PM) *
AND??????????

www.diyboatrepair.com

His mom must not have had time to spell-check this, though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (Click on "Site Mission" for a real laugh.)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:20 PM