Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SUBARU 914 on Ebay, This baby looks familiar
budman5201
post Apr 22 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,635

A guy in PA bought mine last year and the guy how shipped it must of drove it around and beat the living shit out of it. Blew engine and ripped all radiator hoses off from the bottom of car when it got there. It was perfect before i shipped it. Its on EBAY right now, for HALf what i spent. $6500 buy it now. Great deal.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...s#ht_500wt_1318

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AgPete139
post Apr 22 2009, 03:22 AM
Post #2

AgPete139

Member No.: 8,701
Region Association: South East States

I've been emailing him back and forth here on the forums since I am looking for a car to outright buy with $. I think you're right, in that he did beat it up pretty good and is now apart. He's not letting on regarding problems it may have had...

His whole deal on here seems fishy.

But, it IS a deal if you taking it for parts for a different motor. The EJ25D is notorious for blowing headgaskets and warping heads under normal operation, and he said he never had any problems with it. Suspicious, especially after your statement.

+Quote Post
pavpav12
post Apr 22 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,680
Region Association: North East States

I never said I didn't have any problem with it. I had a shit load of problem with it. After I got it shipped from budman5201. I found it the shipper some how broke the car. I had to replace the water pump (cracked in half), Radiator( had a hole in it) , WRX expansion tank (cracked in half), and motor. Last summer I swap the new parts over but never finish it. The car is apart because I wanted to see what kind of rust issue on the car. The only rust were on the floor pan. I picked up a new set from restoration design.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:17 PM