Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine idles too high..., Diagnosis...unknown yet.
jcambo7
post Apr 25 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Ok so today I decided to check if the pressure sensor had been adjusted at all. I took the hose off of it while the engine was running and the engine idled a lot lower than it usually does. Another thing also is that it idled a lot lower than it did last Tuesday. It sounded like about 1500 or 2000 instead of 5000. Anybody got any advice on what it might be or where I should look first?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Apr 25 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

It got really rich and started bogging down. Check very very thoroughly for open connections. Make sure your timing is set correctly. Make sure you have a throttle return spring installed.

Take off the air cleaner and take 4-5 pictures of the engine bay and post them so we can help you look for open/wrong hose connections.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 25 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 08:27 PM) *

It got really rich and started bogging down. Check very very thoroughly for open connections. Make sure your timing is set correctly. Make sure you have a throttle return spring installed.

Take off the air cleaner and take 4-5 pictures of the engine bay and post them so we can help you look for open/wrong hose connections.

I don't know if the timing is correct cuz I don't have a timing light. Going to be getting one on thursday when I get paid. I do know I have a throttle return spring and that the butterfly valve in the throttle body isn't sticking or getting stuck.

Well here is a pic of the engine bay. Its the one I got in my computer right now. Probably not the greatest. I will take some more tomorrow if its nice enough.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Apr 25 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Refer here for hose diagrams: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

....don't thank me, thank Dave!
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 25 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2009, 09:02 PM) *

Refer here for hose diagrams: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

....don't thank me, thank Dave!

Yeah. I have double checked that my hoses were all correct a few times and they are all correct.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:26 AM