Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine idles too high...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
Ok so today I decided to check if the pressure sensor had been adjusted at all. I took the hose off of it while the engine was running and the engine idled a lot lower than it usually does. Another thing also is that it idled a lot lower than it did last Tuesday. It sounded like about 1500 or 2000 instead of 5000. Anybody got any advice on what it might be or where I should look first?
McMark
It got really rich and started bogging down. Check very very thoroughly for open connections. Make sure your timing is set correctly. Make sure you have a throttle return spring installed.

Take off the air cleaner and take 4-5 pictures of the engine bay and post them so we can help you look for open/wrong hose connections.
jcambo7
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 08:27 PM) *

It got really rich and started bogging down. Check very very thoroughly for open connections. Make sure your timing is set correctly. Make sure you have a throttle return spring installed.

Take off the air cleaner and take 4-5 pictures of the engine bay and post them so we can help you look for open/wrong hose connections.

I don't know if the timing is correct cuz I don't have a timing light. Going to be getting one on thursday when I get paid. I do know I have a throttle return spring and that the butterfly valve in the throttle body isn't sticking or getting stuck.

Well here is a pic of the engine bay. Its the one I got in my computer right now. Probably not the greatest. I will take some more tomorrow if its nice enough.
Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Refer here for hose diagrams: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

....don't thank me, thank Dave!
jcambo7
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2009, 09:02 PM) *

Refer here for hose diagrams: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

....don't thank me, thank Dave!

Yeah. I have double checked that my hoses were all correct a few times and they are all correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.