Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is this all I need?, Injector Leaks
rigglet
post Apr 27 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,272
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Seems like I've read there are multiple seals for the injectors, but this is the only part listed on PP...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg1.htm#item1

I tried stating my '71 after her long winter nap and found that I had a fuel leak from around one of the injectors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

She won't start, which is probably a good thing given the leak, and since I'm going to have to remove the injectors as part of the troubleshooting I figured I may as well replace the seals.

Oh...I should mention it is a stock 1.7 in the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks all!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
turboturtle
post Apr 27 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,068
Region Association: None

That's them. You want four M-17's and four M-21's, at Fifty and Seventy-five cents each. If you have the time, send your injectors out to be cleaned.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Apr 27 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707

Where are they leaking? If they are leaking around the base, they may not be usable. Send them out to Curzinperformance. They can clean them and find out if they leak. As for the seals, the small one seals the pintle at the intake. The large one doesn't seal anything. It is used to hold the injector in place.
+Quote Post
rigglet
post Apr 27 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #4

I'm not exactly sure where it's leaking from. I'll have to look closer. At ~$16 per injector it is probably worth just sending them off to be inspected and cleaned. Will be on less thing to do later.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Apr 27 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(rigglet @ Apr 27 2009, 07:07 AM) *

I'm not exactly sure where it's leaking from. I'll have to look closer. At ~$16 per injector it is probably worth just sending them off to be inspected and cleaned. Will be on less thing to do later.

If they're leaking, it's NOT the seals, which serve ONLY as air seals, sealing the injectors to the manifolds. Furthermore, cleaning the injectors WILL NOT deal with leaks. If the injector body is leaking, there IS NO repair. First determine whether the leak is at the hose or the injector. If it's the hose, replace the offending part. If it's the injector, replace the injector. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Apr 27 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 27 2009, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(rigglet @ Apr 27 2009, 07:07 AM) *

If they're leaking, it's NOT the seals, which serve ONLY as air seals, sealing the injectors to the manifolds. Furthermore, cleaning the injectors WILL NOT deal with leaks. If the injector body is leaking, there IS NO repair. First determine whether the leak is at the hose or the injector. If it's the hose, replace the offending part. If it's the injector, replace the injector. The Cap'n

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rigglet
post Apr 27 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #7

Fair enough. I've been trying to look through the forums to find a post I know I've seen in the past relating to replacement injectors. IIRC there are a few different injectors out there that are reasonable replacement for the stock injectors. Maybe that was only true for the 2.0, but I can't find anything to the contrary.

Can someone with better searching skills point me in the right direction, please.

+Quote Post
zonedoubt
post Apr 27 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #8

Canadian Member

Member No.: 696
Region Association: Canada

For the cost and hassle of getting old injectors cleaned, you may be able to get new ones. I bought mine from autohausaz.com for $45 each (IIRC, they may have been on sale at the time).
+Quote Post
rigglet
post Apr 27 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #9

Thanks Zonedoubt. I went to the page, but they had no injectors for the 914. Did you search using another make/model that had the same or similar injectors to our cars?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:19 AM