Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this all I need?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rigglet
Seems like I've read there are multiple seals for the injectors, but this is the only part listed on PP...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg1.htm#item1

I tried stating my '71 after her long winter nap and found that I had a fuel leak from around one of the injectors. mad.gif

She won't start, which is probably a good thing given the leak, and since I'm going to have to remove the injectors as part of the troubleshooting I figured I may as well replace the seals.

Oh...I should mention it is a stock 1.7 in the car. biggrin.gif

Thanks all!!!
turboturtle
That's them. You want four M-17's and four M-21's, at Fifty and Seventy-five cents each. If you have the time, send your injectors out to be cleaned.
Bartlett 914
Where are they leaking? If they are leaking around the base, they may not be usable. Send them out to Curzinperformance. They can clean them and find out if they leak. As for the seals, the small one seals the pintle at the intake. The large one doesn't seal anything. It is used to hold the injector in place.
rigglet
I'm not exactly sure where it's leaking from. I'll have to look closer. At ~$16 per injector it is probably worth just sending them off to be inspected and cleaned. Will be on less thing to do later.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(rigglet @ Apr 27 2009, 07:07 AM) *

I'm not exactly sure where it's leaking from. I'll have to look closer. At ~$16 per injector it is probably worth just sending them off to be inspected and cleaned. Will be on less thing to do later.

If they're leaking, it's NOT the seals, which serve ONLY as air seals, sealing the injectors to the manifolds. Furthermore, cleaning the injectors WILL NOT deal with leaks. If the injector body is leaking, there IS NO repair. First determine whether the leak is at the hose or the injector. If it's the hose, replace the offending part. If it's the injector, replace the injector. The Cap'n
underthetire
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 27 2009, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(rigglet @ Apr 27 2009, 07:07 AM) *

If they're leaking, it's NOT the seals, which serve ONLY as air seals, sealing the injectors to the manifolds. Furthermore, cleaning the injectors WILL NOT deal with leaks. If the injector body is leaking, there IS NO repair. First determine whether the leak is at the hose or the injector. If it's the hose, replace the offending part. If it's the injector, replace the injector. The Cap'n

agree.gif
rigglet
Fair enough. I've been trying to look through the forums to find a post I know I've seen in the past relating to replacement injectors. IIRC there are a few different injectors out there that are reasonable replacement for the stock injectors. Maybe that was only true for the 2.0, but I can't find anything to the contrary.

Can someone with better searching skills point me in the right direction, please.

zonedoubt
For the cost and hassle of getting old injectors cleaned, you may be able to get new ones. I bought mine from autohausaz.com for $45 each (IIRC, they may have been on sale at the time).
rigglet
Thanks Zonedoubt. I went to the page, but they had no injectors for the 914. Did you search using another make/model that had the same or similar injectors to our cars?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.