Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 oil tank leaks?!@#
xsurfer
post Apr 29 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

Filth! GRIME and more. 4 hours later the area including fender well is almost clean. There was so much accumulated oil/road dirt on the tank I wonder if it added to the oil temp. I'd guess there has been no maintance around the tank since new. I don't believe the area can really be cleaned without removing the tank.

Still have quite a lot to clean. The trailing arm will need to be repainted as will the right side I'd guess. Does anyone have the paint spec or is powder coating the way to go?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xsurfer
post Apr 29 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 5,818

QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 28 2009, 09:04 AM) *

I had similar problem. O-ring under the filter console was squished, hard and useless (probably 25 years old).

Strange that I've never seen a tip to change these every few years, it's easy and cheap.

I replaced mine, but it could be the source. Did you use gasket sealer or just the o ring. I have an spare o ring so I'll replace that whent he tank goes back in.

Gene
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
mskala
post Apr 29 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #23

R

Member No.: 79
Region Association: None

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Apr 29 2009, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 28 2009, 09:04 AM) *

I had similar problem. O-ring under the filter console was squished, hard and useless (probably 25 years old).

Strange that I've never seen a tip to change these every few years, it's easy and cheap.

I replaced mine, but it could be the source. Did you use gasket sealer or just the o ring. I have an spare o ring so I'll replace that whent he tank goes back in.

Gene

I used no sealer, doesn't seem like it would be useful.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:09 AM